Best low treatment

I wanted to add something that might sound obvious, but here goes anyway:

I can always break these tablets in half (they are scored and very easy to break), and this would raise me by 10 BG points if I just need to bump my BG up a bit (60-70, for example). Hope this helps some :heart:

5 Likes

At home I usually have mango juice in the refrigerator or something that has sugar as opposed to hfcs. Out and about I’ll take the smaller cans of izze soda. Over the years I realized that treating lows also requires some extra teeth cleaning so I’ll follow it with some mouthwash or flossing depending on what the item is.

3 Likes

I might remember this wrongly, but I think it was our resident dentist, @docslotnick, who said just swishing with water was enough to get rid of any lingering sugars. But of course, everyone’s teeth are different.

3 Likes

It might be all you need, but I have never heard a dentist say flossing should be avoided. If he says that, I will be gobsmacked.

1 Like

Not sure if this is Doc’s opinion, but I have heard that many people’s technique is wrong and causes more damage to the gum.

That’s what I’ve heard too, not something I know too well

Wasn’t saying flossing should be avoided – only that it wasn’t necessary after treating for a low.

Here’s Doc’s reply:

4 Likes

Sorry I was trying to make a joke, apparently not funny. :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing up this aspect of lows, I was just going to ask this question. Joking here, but it seems like a really good dental cleaning (brushing, flossing, in-betweens, and mouthwash/antiseptic) triggers a low requiring sugary stuff. Lol

3 Likes