Apple Watch

Question for Apple Watch users. I have the original Apple Watch, which I’ve had for a couple years now. I use the Sugarmate app with Dexcom share to send bg values to my watch. For some reason my watch will randomly stop displaying numbers despite all the troubleshooting listed on the Sugarmate app. Usually updating my watch and phone fixes the issue, but lately it hasn’t. I’ve had to repeatedly unpair and repair my watch to get any readings.

I’m wondering if those of you who have more recent Apple Watch models are also having this problem. I’m hoping if I just buy a newer model that I won’t have this connectivity issue, but would like some feedback before I spend hundreds of dollars on a potential fix.

2 Likes

We don’t have this problem, we have the Apple Watch 3. So it might be a sign your watch is on its way out?

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that app but we don’t have issues with sharing bg data to our watches (series 6s). We share via sugarmate which uses calendar everts for the updates

1 Like

I accidentally called it the wrong name! I’m actually using Sugarmate. Good to hear you’re not having issues!

2 Likes

I did have to redo the configuration one time now that i remember. We had to go out and get one of the one time Apple passwords because the calendars stopped working. After that it worked though no problem once again… This was maybe eight months ago.

I love the flip wrist bgs you can get with SugarMate

4 Likes

It would be really cool if you could change the picture based on the blood sugar. Cute pic btw.

1 Like

Hehe. Yeah i just have a photo album with ten or so pics that cycle. Phone and watch ring when bgs head below my set low threshold.

2 Likes

what is “flip wrist BGs”? This sounds interesting!

Meaning i don’t need to push any buttons to see the bgs… Just flipping the wrist turns the screen on and the bg is on that locked photo album screen.

1 Like

I also love it! Sugarmate feels far superior to the Dexcom app…kind of wish they would collaborate. My dexcom app never updates appropriately on my watch.

Love the kiddo pic btw!

3 Likes