Alternate Dexcom issues

Wow, Dexcom has a lot of options now in the “what is the issue” drop-down menu. But it really could include a few more:
“My CGM has turned into a gremlin.”
“My CGM is possessed.”
“My SO took a hammer to my receiver/phone after 20 false Low Alarms.”
“My CGM really wants me to eat pie. According to it, I’ve been at 60 all day, no matter how much pie I eat.”

I know y’all can come up with some good ones!

13 Likes

Haha, if only!!!

5 Likes

Thank you for that, but I’m too tired to add to your fun list.

1 Like

Indeed: aka, “My SO is crouched on top of me stuffing ice cream into my face” and I am so Happy! Not everything about Dexcom is Bad, well, not with the upper case “b” anyway.

1 Like

I really like your additions…factual, straightforward, and oh so applicable to the great majority!

@jbowler
Yeah, the Pavlovian response is kind of amusing. I think I’ll just play that alarm every time I want hubby to get me candy.

3 Likes

You are so right! I have taken to hiding my pump, turning off insulin deliveries and forgetting to reconnect before I fall asleep. Sure wish Tandem could recognize it is linked to a CGM to stop the “test BG” alerts, etc,etc, etc

3 Likes

When that happens to me (as a result of a failed or damaged canula) I head for the pen; refitting everything and hoping it will work and actually deliver the correction bolus that is required is just too scary. So I just whack 5IU into myself, check my blood ketones and go back to sleep; I know I will wake up in a couple of hours to check the ketones again (my BG won’t be back to something I can sleep through.)

1 Like

That is so frustrating! I can’t believe they have not included Deccom recognition in the software updates. I also have unplugged my pump to counter taking too much bolus and falling asleep before I reconnect it. Do you think Tandem monitors this site?

1 Like

I don’t do that. I set a zero temp basal. I don’t do it for more than about an hour, i.e. I don’t use a zero temporary basal that is longer than an hour. I also carb; when I’m going seriously low I do glucose tablets, if I have to set a zero temp basal and I am heading below 100 (by the Dexcom, checked with a fingerstick) then I definitely want to stay awake.

1 Like