Adapter to connect luer-lock infusion set to t:slim cartridge

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I am really hoping that I can use the Orbitsoft sets I hope will arrive Monday. I will play around with the connection and try the boiling water idea. If that fails I could mail some of the Luer sets to any of you who might be able to come up with a solution???
I thought my old Medtronic was a 522 but it Is actually a 554. I had forgotten I swapped my 522 with someone who wanted the 522 for looping. From what I have read, the 544 won’t work for looping.
Medtronic still have Quicksets with Luer ends, and also with Proprietary ends for the Paradigm pumps. I don’t know, but suspect, that they will eventually phase them out as I think the Luer lock ones were for the orignal Minimed 507 series of pumps. When they changed to the Paradigm pumps they changed their sets to proprietary.
Maybe we should all start a class petition to the pump companies to listen to us!
It is ridiculous that I AM desperate enough to even consider the cost of a new pump when I love everything else about the Tandem, and have only had it for a few months.
Anyway “onwards and upwards” I just want to thank you all on this group for your incredible support. It is great to talk to people who actually “get it” :grinning:

2 Likes

Inhave to agree I can’t see the boiling water working but I’ll post as soon as I have given it a try.

1 Like

I must admit all this is like a foreign language to me! If I did as you suggest what would they need me to provide? Would they be able to design an adaptor from having a Tlock and a Luer lock, or would I need to obtain the parts as outlined in the link to the solution on tudiabetes?

1 Like

No worries about the foreign language thing. Those darn engineers have a code of their own. I sort of understand enough to translate. No, you would only need to provide the parts to connect to, the CAD person would be able to create the adapter. You have people near you that would 3D print for a very modest sum, so once you had the file, you could get it printed locally, post it on Thingaverse and link to it here, so everyone could benefit. Also, the link that @MM2 provided would allow the CAD person to have a nice starting place to begin their design.

3 Likes

Thanks for that info. So first I will try heating the Luer- lock sets and try brute force
The 3d printing Sounds like a better (and cheaper) option than buying a new pump, even if I have to hire or buy a 3-D printer :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, I do have a bunch of stuff like that. But I don’t have any Tandem parts.

2 Likes

@Eric what Tandem parts do you require? I might have what you need (says the copious Tandem supply hoarder)

1 Like

I don’t know! I have never used a tubed pump, so I don’t really know how it all works.

I have the “other” side, the part you stick into your skin. The end of it has a luer adapter. It’s the non-Tandem part.

But you want to connect that to your Tandem, right? And they have some proprietary adapter that means you need to buy it all from them?

So we want to connect luer to tandem.

How about a non-toxic adhesive that bonds the 2 parts together? Silicone is non-toxic. And epoxy is non-toxic after it sets. It becomes an inert plastic.

@Eric I can send you both sides of the connector if wanted. The reservoir side and the cannula side. How many would you like for your experiment?

1 Like

One is fine. Just want to take a look and see what all is involved.

I think Margoriebest is non-US, and has luer-lock end on her Quick-set (from Med-T). This needs to convert to the Tandem T-Lock cartridge connector.

I have US Medtronic Quick sets, with connector that attaches to Medtronic reservoir (not luer-lock). So that would be different. (3D printer solution offered in the TUD link).

If you check post 10 from Payton, there is example of luer-lock to T-Lock. (from my prior TUD link).

1 Like

Thanks @MM2. I looked at the TuD post. That looks like it’s not too hard. Why not just do that?

I want to, but waiting for relative to help out with 3D printing! He uses them at work, and even printed parts to make a bigger better 3D printer!!

But he is very busy with work and kids, and I’m ok with what I have until he has time.

I will be visiting later this summer, maybe then!

1 Like

@Eric same address the Steamers went to? You sure one is enough? I could easily spare 10 if needed/wanted

1 Like

How about 2?

Not sure if I can come up with anything better than what the TuD post showed. That looks like a solid answer. :man_shrugging:t2:

I am not sure the other end of the adapter they built is Leur. If it is, then no modification is needed, and all you need to do is contact someone who is offering 3D printed parts locally, there are many hobbyists that will print for a small amount. You don’t have to go to a company offering these services, although those exist too. I just wasn’t sure the adapter they built is Tlock to Leur. It looked like it was Tlock to something else, but I don’t have a lot of experience with Leur locks.

If you mean the picture in post #45 that’s t:lock to medtronic paradigm, not t:lock to luer. Medtronic sells quicksets with a choice of luer or paradigm connectors.
https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/tudiabetes/original/3X/2/e/2ed79e9ff3af54bb29155ac5e945b653abaafc49.jpeg

Right, so someone needs to convert the Paradigm side to Leur in the design. Then post that one as well.

There are 2 different solutions posted in TUD link.
One for luer-lock, other for paradigm reservoir connection.
Payton was converting animas luer lock sets.

Luer lock in post 10 by Payton.
T lock to Luer lock adapter? - #10 by Paytone - Type 1 and LADA - TuDiabetes Forum?

Non luer Quickset/Medtronic reservoir to tandem T:Lock in Post 45 by Luca.
T lock to Luer lock adapter? - #45 by Luca - Type 1 and LADA - TuDiabetes Forum?

2 Likes

In my case, i have existing stock of quick sets that are not luer, so need the other solution.

1 Like