A weekend of diabetes firsts!

So we hit a few major milestones this weekend. After a few months of trying to get Samson to agree to put a sensor in a place that wasn’t his arm, he finally agreed to put it on his stomach. And he was a total champ about it. He says it’s comfortable and doesn’t hurt, and so far (fingers crossed) the data seems to be a little less glitchy and in and out. it’s only been a day though, so we’ll see.

AND even more exciting – Samson had his first drop-off playdate!! It turned out that his little buddy’s aunt has Type 1 Diabetes, so the family was probably a little less intimidated.Still, I bolused him for his full PB&J and left and then he only ate half, so they spent a lot of time feeding him glucose tabs, which made me feel a little bad. But he had fun, they said it wasn’t too bad (hope so, although maybe it was??) and the experience gave me a chance to think about what to do next time to make it go smoother (such as tell them what to do if he doesn’t finish his food).

9 Likes

These are great steps!!!

I thought the first playdate was AWESOME!

When they get older, they get to have close friends, and the friends’s parents are much more comfortable dealing with D because they have seen our children many times. They are also much more able to understand dangers and issues. Then sleepovers become more comfortable.

Btw, what, to me, makes a sleepover safest is if last dinner injection is at 5:30 or earlier…

2 Likes