6 years

and counting since Dx.
Never cared about birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Don’t much care about this one. But milestones do deserve a nod, even if the day itself is of little import. Dx day was by no means the most traumatic or life-changing that I’ve ever had. (I found out that Dad had died 19 years ago today. He had died 2 mos prior. I really don’t think diabetes has any more emotional sway than that.)
Anyway, I sure am glad to have run in to all of you. Not completely sure I would’ve made it through the last 2 years without FUD.

Its been a long day, so I’ll leave y’all with some nerdy quotes.

“All you really need to know for the moment is that the universe is a lot more complicated than you might think, even if you start from a position of thinking it’s pretty damn complicated in the first place.”- one of the Hitchhiker books

“I feel like I am involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won’t tell me the rules, and who smiles all the time.” - Good Omens

15 Likes

Even if it doesn’t seem like it’s important today, taking a snapshot every once-in-a-while is helpful. A person may look at where they are today and not be happy, but years from now they can look back at it and realize how much they have improved.

Progress is never a measure of where we are now, it is a measure of how far we have come. And what better day to look at it and celebrate it than the anniversary of your diagnosis.

Congrats on conquering 6 years. Congrats on everything you have learned. Congrats on everything you can share with others. And congrats on all of the things you will do in the next 6 years.

:heart:

13 Likes

Thanks for the interesting outlook on the universe!

5 Likes

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:
Very well said, and thank you for the positive outlook. Cheers to the next 6 years of learning from my mistakes and successes, as well as others’.

4 Likes

It takes all kinds! Love me some random Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, and Neil Gaiman quotes.

3 Likes

Congratulations Mariethm on 6 years!

I love Douglas Adams too!

4 Likes