What's the lowest you've been and taken insulin?

@docslotnick’s XDrip pictures made me think of this.

A few days ago I was 52 but took some insulin because I knew I was gonna start heading back up. It was a pre-emptive correction. Fortunately I guess correctly.

Was just wondering, at what numbers has everyone been when you took an insulin correction for a predicted climb?

@Eric Pretty gutsy to bolus at 52. Glad it worked out well.

I would probably let it ride until about 80 to see what it was going to do ( speed of rise).

But far from me to question our resident guru. Proof is in the pudding.

2 Likes

Today I bolused Samson when he was 75 and totally flat as he was eating his breakfast. He had two slices of toast with some avocado, so I knew he’d start rising.

2 Likes

I’ve always believed the BG number is not really as important as what direction you are going. Well-played at 75!

1 Like

A couple of nights ago I bolused in the mid 50’s for dinner. I was anticipating a faster rise than I had, so I wasn’t feeling great throughout the meal (numb lips and tongue, which was my initial low symptom…haven’t seen it with regularity in a while). In retrospect, I should have waited until the middle of dinner to bolus. But on the flip side, I did get to enjoy some costco popcorn for dessert, so there’s that.

4 Likes

Great attitude!! I’ll bet glucose tabs didn’t even cross your mind :grin:

2 Likes

I am glad to hear this. If “my crazy” has company, it’s not as crazy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m with you, Doc!

2 Likes

Dude company in the crazy house doesn’t = less cray cray, just saying.

3 Likes

True. But it’s not as lonely.
:dizzy_face:

1 Like

BG 69 before breakfast and still bolused. It was fine; 2 hours post breakfast about 70.

2 Likes

i’ve bolused in the low 60s and i don’t have a cgm. but my pump Wizard feature won’t accept a bolus with a bg under 70, so i just over-ride it and tell my pump that my bg is 70. i’ve never had a problem, i just end up lower after my meal than in the so-called" Target Range." (110-120 )

1 Like