What do you love about the OmniPod?

Pacific Blue Cross. From what I hear, it’s pretty common for their plans. I’m going to try to get it changed as part of the next round of union negotiations, but that’s still a couple years away…

2 Likes

Have you tried to get a pre-approval for a new pump to see if you are covered?

I am sure Omnipod will do this for you.

I just think the one pump in a lifetime seems a bit weird.

1 Like

Yes, I’m covered for a pump because I haven’t gotten a pump under this plan. My previous two pumps were from different plans.

My plan also only covers one pair of orthotics per lifetime. So it’s not just pumps… :frowning:

1 Like

What? Where do you buy these orthotics that last a lifetime?

5 Likes

@Jen, Omnipod has a deal in Canada where you can get the PDM for free. The deadline was December 29th, but I heard that they extended it. My insurance had no problem covering the pods and infusion sets (for my Vibe) at the same time. If I don’t like the Omnipod, then Insulet will take the whole thing back within 90 days. I only have to get approval for a new pump in November 2018 when the warranty on my Vibe is finished.

2 Likes

So I have only been using the Omnipod for 10 days now (was on the Animas Vibe), and here is what I like about it so far:

• Not having to clip something to my pant’s pocket all of the time
  • Not having to grab my pump when I get out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night
  • Being able to wear it in the shower
  • Having the meter and PDM in one device
  • The details you are able to get on the PDM about your bolus calculations
  • I don’t have to stand there for 5 minutes waiting to get up the courage to push the 2 sides of the infusion set inserter - the pod does it for me! (but I still brace myself and make a face when I hit ‘Start’ :scream_cat:)

All that to say, so far, so good.

7 Likes

I’m going to call OmniPod about this, but I’m fairly sure it’s only available to people who’s Animas pumps are still under warranty. My pump has been out of warranty for 2 1/2 years now. But I’ll call them next week and see what they say.

2 Likes

I think that you are right about the warranty, but I know that they do want to get as many Animas customers as possible away from Medtronic, so it may be worth a try to give them a call and see what they can offer you.

4 Likes