Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Also, welcome @jroth! Sounds like you’re an old timer! There are quite a few of you here…who have known what it’s like to deal with diabetes prior to all our fancy new technology of today!

2 Likes

@jroth Herzlich Willkommen!

2 Likes

Bist du deutsche?

2 Likes

As I was getting T1D, I lived in the GDR.

– automated translation (my english is not the best )–
Sterilize needles, glass syringes, hooks, no BZ-test strips, cooking urine for testing.

2 Likes

Ich hab etwas platten, tassen und schüssel von DDR und GDR. Meine X-Frau hat mich gegeben. Ich war ein soldat in Deutschland zum acht oder neun jahre. Mein tachter ist beider - Deutsche und Ami.

Schön dich zu treffen!

2 Likes

@jroth, I created a new thread for you: xDrip+ with Sony Smartwatch3 (self made CGM)

2 Likes

I guess the automated translation failed there, which German word did you try to translate?

1 Like

@ClaudnDaye
Ja :slight_smile:
Dann kennst du ja auch die Sprachbarrieren der globalen Welt.
Then you know even the language barriers of the global world.

1 Like

Wiederhaken.
Haken an der Spitze der Nadel.

Back hook. Hooks on the tip of the needle.

3 Likes

@jroth, wenn Ich ein Kind war, war ich auch im GDR. Mein Vater war ein Soldat, und meine familie liebte in Friedriechshafen am Bodensee.

Aber in 35+ Jahre habe ich kein deutsch gesprochen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thak you!!!
I expanded the title with the text (self made CGM)

2 Likes

According to my dictionary, that’s ‘barb’ in English.
Such needles were pretty painful to use, I guess?

2 Likes

Aber est ist immer noch gut!

2 Likes

Sounds like something I’m glad Liam doesn’t have to experience!

3 Likes

@jroth, Wenn du etwas sagen willst, kannst du auf Deutsch sprechen. Es gibt genug von uns wass kann deutsch sprechen, kann wir helfen mit Übersetzen. Oder kannst du weiter an deinem Englisch arbeiten! Alles klar!

1 Like

Thank’s!
I’ll try it in english. It’s an english forum.
And if I’m not sure and try automated translation, I’ll add the german text too.

3 Likes

Great! English is not my native language either and I find this forum very useful to practice my English.

1 Like

@jroth, you should upload a pic in your profile!

If you wish, you might also consider telling your story!

@Boerenkool sind sie auch Deutsche?

Nein, ich bin Holländer :netherlands:, doch ich kann auch Deutsch sprechen weil man das hier in der Schule lernen soll.

3 Likes