Welcome, introduce yourself here!

@MM2
Thats the problem I think. last friday i get my new quarterly delivery and it contains the new “firefly” Transmitter. Its one of the new transmitters, S/N starts with 8Gxxx we are not ready digussing that new problems. Most people have problems to extend the sensors. Because of the “insertion Trauma” that would mean you have to wait at least 15-20 minutes after you insert a new sensor to start it. that causes that your not able to extend the sensor with the old versions of xDrip. you have to use the latest nightly. The new transmitter securitylevel we are thinking about could be this “insertion Trauma”. If you insert a new sensor you get an trauma where you insert it. the transmitter gets some health stats over the little platinum thread which sticks under your skin to get the glucose readings. and this health stats show the transmitter that you insert a new sensor. If you extend or restart an inserted sensor your transmitter isn´t getting this different values and then it think that you try to extend a sensor that causes the “NO RESTARTS!” warning.
So if you´re using the new Transmitter with 8Gxxx S/N then you´re forced to use xDrip+ Master vom 18.05.2019 or newer! And the batterylife can´t be extendet until now. Jamoham is working on sorting that issues at the moment. so if you have any options to extend your old Transmitter then do it.
But some people are able to restart there G6 sensor. You have to do it before you the sensor stopped automatically. For that you have to pull out the transmitter of your sensor by wearing it on your body after you stopped it manually. you can use a little guitar plectrum to get it out. then wait 20 minutes insert the transmitter again and the press the start button. To restart it the transmitter and the Sensor have to forget their connection. BUT until now I haven´t restaretd any of my Sensors. I can only give the same tips or instructions which other people tell me, I can´t promise this works for all other people. I haven´t test that because my current Transmitter is one of the first 81xxx its on Firmware 1.6.5.25. and I don´t have any issues with this one :slight_smile:

@Chris
Until today we´re not ready to count and document all new security levels. We don´t want to write done facts before we have tested all that for more than 1 or 2 times. in the end I will give support and help other peoples but I dont want to give wrong tips. I hope you understand that we want to give definetly facts instead of rumours. I will post some of that If I am ready for it immediatly :slight_smile:

@docslotnick
I think if that day comes true jamoham should be ready with updating that all. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi Frederik, you know Sabine? Our Dexcom expert? From Germany.

Yes we know each other :slight_smile:
she knows much more than me :slight_smile:
But I am a dieabetic since 22.09.2019 at least.
Thats not a long time but from day to day I learn more and get fitter
and I know so much that I trust myself to support others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, she’s our best for supporting G6 .
I use all sensors for testing - all, without Medtrum and Enlite. 180d eversense is still implanted, but after >two years of using eversense I decided to use now a more reliable sensor for the loop (since Nov 2016); but stop, I wanted to switch to ICT because of better results. Crazy, but it is…

1 Like

I know what you mean :slight_smile: she is very good at supporting.
We have had a phone call a few days ago. very informativ.
The more you test, the more you can learn and make a good decision in the end.
I never want to miss my G6. Only because of the known facts I decided to use this CGM Sensor.
The technical side is unbeatable. if you have the right smartphone and the right smartwatch + apps
there is no other sensor which can reach my G6 for me.
But I am very interested to hear your comparison about that. Do you still testing and which major differences do you recognize until now?

I am ICT user too. I am using 2 Pediq’s 2.0 and i’m very satisfied. The one is connected with my xDrip and shares the treatments to xDrip. the other way around works too. If I add units in xDrip my Pendiq wakes up and put in the correctly dose. Very Very cool.

I have to wait until I can ask for a pump. I´m too new at this to get It now. have to wait at least half a year, said my doctor.

I created this topic, I hope it’ll be helpful for you.

1 Like

Hey very cool :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot :slight_smile: Usually I am not using forums. BUT I dont even known how much power the diabetes community have and It´s so amazing how much people are connected withi each other.
I´m so excited about that. would love to get in touch with more different people to disguss and so on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@MM2

I have to excuse, but I have made a BIG mistake in my posting about the securitylevels.
I wrote down that if you´re using a 8Gxxx Transmitter download nightly from 15.08.2019 or newer.
Thats wrong… This belongs to the Transmitter S/N that starts with 80xxx or 81xxx.

IF YOU´RE USING TRANSMITTER WITH 8Gxxx S/N, YOU HAVE TO USE NIGHTLY FROM 28.07.2019 OR NEWER!

Sorry about that stupid mistake :frowning:

2 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes. Lord knows I have made too many to count. If you want to edit your post, that is completely fine so someone reading it months from now, won’t miss it. You just hit the pencil icon.

3 Likes

@FrederikDiabetics, maybe I’m reading this all wrong, but you were diagnosed under a month ago… and are already doing xdrip and analyzing G6 transmitters?

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb
Oh no thats totally wrong :smiley: I havent recongized that. sorry. thanks for pointing me :smiley:

Iam Diabetic since 22.01.2019. and yes I am dong all that :slight_smile: iam also designing and building wacthfaces for Tizen OS and Android Wear OS Smartwatches. It´s no witchcraft to find out and get those infos about the behavior of the Trasnmitters. So I think I can talk about that. But I have to excuse about the date of my diagnosis. I´m wearing my G6 since the middle of march and thats a long time for recognizing how it works and whats the main facts about it. Its only a Bluetooth device that communicates with other devices, no new technology :slight_smile:

@Chris
look at my profile . since yesterday I am able to post pictures and share links. have created the [first topic] (Xdrip+ - Watchfaces/ BG-Values on your Tizen OS Smartwatch (all samsung smartwatches) and on your Android Wear OS watch) here, about my project :slight_smile: have a look at it if you´re interested :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi I’m Jan, and I’ve been lurking for a while prior to “officially” joining the forum. :wink:
I’m T1 diagnosed 40 years ago at age 22. Currently using Humalog and Lantus (MDI) and just got my Dexcom G6 about 2 months ago. The CGM has made a huge difference, changing me from an asleep at the wheel person with D to a control obsessed one.
I’m fascinated by this forum, as despite being T1 for 40 years, I’ve never actually met another T1! I have 40 years worth of questions built up with no one to ask, so I’ll probably be obnoxious asking the most simple and elementary questions. I apologise in advance!
My husband and I are ranchers in SW Montana, and raise cattle. I also just retired from 27 years of being a university professor in Animal and Range Sciences. So now I have the time to do all the research and management on D that I should have been doing all along.
Happy to meet all of you in this community!

15 Likes

Welcome @Jan

I like your analogy … asleep at the wheel to a controlled one!!

4 Likes

There won’t be a question of yours that goes unused. I hope you ask many. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Jan Welcome to FUD.

I was diagnosed at 19 and have 48 years under my belt. Glad to see another “old timer” around here.

Also using MDI. But my basal is Tresiba. I’ve found that it gives me greater control and truly lasts for 24 hours. I had started basal with Lantus, moved on to Toujeo, then started Tresiba when I was looking for an insulin that I could take just once a day.

Does Lantus give you 24 hours? I’ve heard of some people who just love it.

4 Likes

Welcome, @Jan! I’m another “oldie” who felt alone for many years before finding this group. I was diagnosed when I was 11 years, and have lived with it ever since - 47 years. I have used a pump in the past, but am quite content at this time in my life with MDI with a CGM. And I hope you do ask many questions - as a teacher you are already aware that there are no foolish questions. We are all learning around here - and helping each other along the way.

4 Likes

@docslotnick - Yes, Lantus seems to work for me once a day (at bedtime). I don’t have the “dawn phenomenon” apparently. Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Welcome, and feel free to start many threads and ask as many elementary and advanced questions as you would like. That is what keeps this place interesting after all.

2 Likes

Welcome @Jan!

WELCOME JAN. i’ve had it for 52 years. i will never stop having questions. i, too, lurk around this site. i was 17 when diagnosed. i am about to start with a continuous glucose monitor - i keep hearing how much it helps with control. i take humalog plus lantis. i was a human service counselor but loved animal science the most, preferring to animal track, etc here in Maine. i think that teaching is a most honorable career.
anyway, you are not alone here, and please do ask many questions, however simple you may believe they are.

4 Likes