Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Hi everyone, my name is Kalle. I was diagnosed as Type 1 just two months ago at the age of 26. My uncle has had T1 since he was a kid back in the 70’s, so that’s some family history. In addition to him, there’s a friend I lived with at university, my second cousin, a close friend of my mother, and several other people, who all have Type 1 as well. Reading about others who haven’t known anyone else with the same condition, it almost seems weird that I know so many. I do live in Sweden though, where we have the second highest incidence of Type 1 in the world.

My strategy if to turn this thing into something of a hobby. Even though it sucked when I was diagnosed, I am somehow also able to find it very interesting. This means that I genuinely enjoy reading up on it a much as I can, and in doing so, I came across this place. The posts around here really inspire me to be constructive and figure things out. It took me a while to sign up for an account and introduce myself, but I just had to read the entire topic before posting. That’s some kind of principle of online forums, right? :wink:

14 Likes