Toilet Paper Survey Question

I am trying to make sense of the toilet paper stampede I witnessed today. While processing my experience I realized I didn’t know how many rolls a family is likely to use in a week, so I have created this poll to either improve my ability to empasize with others or smack my forehead even harder. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

The question is easy. How many toilet paper rolls does your household go through in a typical week. Please submit your answers, I am genuinely curious.

• more than 9

0 voters

I voted two… Best guess. That’s for a household of 6 people all using tp.

2 Likes

That’s the thing! I have NO idea!

I track and budget for everything else. No idea on TP.

It turns out we use less than I thought we would bc I figured we’d run out (as non-hoarders) already.

4 Likes

I threw my 2 in, but that is probably a high guess. It means that we aren’t going to run out for over 12 weeks and we haven’t purchased any in 6 months. We usually buy a Costco pack twice a year.

1 Like

Wow. I use a lot of toilet paper compared to others here… I live alone and go through more than two rolls a week…

2 Likes

It depends, have some triple size and some double size rolls ! Need option for <1, but that may be equivalent of 1 regular.

2 Likes

Hard question to answer. If we have the Charmin Extra Soft, then we go through about 1 1/2 rolls/week. If we have to use the skimpy sandpaper rolls that are the only ones left now, we use about 6-8 rolls/week.

3 Likes

Can you add a zero option?

2 Likes

But you haven’t got your bidet yet!

Yep. I entered 7 for that reason!

Of course, we are 5 right now.

1 Like

Oh yes I have, and I’m never going back. Seriously I’m pretty grossed out by all of you who don’t have one at this point

If you don’t understand what I mean and think that’s ridiculous; you’ll understand after you have one

3 Likes

Mine shipped today! (Snoopy does his food dance)

3 Likes

Incidentally, I’ve seen this as one explanation for the recent hoarding, not just of TP. So few people cook nowadays, and shop whenever they need something, that they haven’t a clue what a 14-day supply looks like, so they overdo it.

I’ve heard other explanations for the TP craze, but this one strikes me as pretty reasonable.

3 Likes

And I think as @TiaG said in another thread, all of a sudden whole families are home from work and school and just need more than usual. My neighbor has 6 kids…that’s a lot of TP!

2 Likes

Families have kids that do #2 outside of the home?? Both of my kids would hold it for two days if needed to ensure they did their business in the comfortable environs of their home bathroom.

3 Likes

I’d forgotten about those days! :smile_cat::smile_cat:

2 Likes

Good question!

I’ll get back to you in a week!

And, I’ll ask our children to let me know what their family uses in a week.

2 Likes

I don’t poop outside of home. At work I have my own private bathroom I wouldn’t use a shared one

3 Likes

One of my kids (weirdly, the college one) would hold it for a week until he found a bathroom he really liked… It has to be a love affair.

2 Likes

My ex-HR lady was the direct opposite. She loved using her headset for her office phone and would continue calls in the bathroom stall. And she could blow a bathroom up. Like the kind where you’re embarrassed for her yet oddly she’s unaffected.

I only respect people who feel the socially responsible amount of shame for the worst of their public defecations.

2 Likes