Tidepool loop agreement with dexcom and Medtronics

I may not have been clear.
I have nothing to say about the Tidepool software itself in isolation.

I am only providing what I feel is a very reasonable projection for when Medtronic will have an actual launch of the hardware pump which contains the Tidepool software.

I will be completely shocked if there is a real public and full launch of an FDA approved Medtronic pump containing the Tidepool software at any point sooner than 4 years from now.

1 Like

Just to be clear: there will never be a Medronic pump containing Tidepool software. Tidepool software will reside on an iPhone, just as DIY Loop does now, not on the pump. I am sorry if I am restating something that I thought was pretty obvious, but the way you made the above statement was a bit confusing.

1 Like

I will correct my statement. Perhaps this is less confusing.

I am only providing what I feel is a very reasonable projection for when Medtronic will have an actual launch of the hardware pump which contains the integration to the Tidepool software or the Tidepool software.

I will be completely shocked if there is a real public and full launch of an FDA approved Medtronic pump containing the integration to the Tidepool software or the Tidepool software at any point sooner than 4 years from now.