Low Carb Nutrition Change

My bad. As I tried to distance myself a bit from the “Keto diet” to differentiate more to as how we potentially ate some 1000 years ago, I involuntarily said “eliminating carbs”. Carbs have obviously always been part of any nutrition at any given time and I am pretty sure that Caveman John would not have said no to that delicious sweet fruit on a tree, or that carb rich vegetable which might have been easier to get to as that fatty nut high up in the tree or that protein that bites back. Neither does this John today will say no to carbs but just try to keep the glycemic count down as much as I can s it might have been way back when.
Another important point in this whole nutritional awareness should always be what we all know of how important it is that the carbs we eat are “complex carbohydrates”. Nothing refined that enters your bloodstream as it enters your mouth but sugars like organic cane sugar, that might take up to 8 hours to be broken down by your body to enter that bloodstream. Some alcohol carbs have that effect too. Beer for example always shows up late in my readings, up to 4 hours after consumption.

4 Likes