The Great Insulin+Glucagon Dual Pump Experiment

And you previously said muscle glycogen is useless in terms of low BG because it can not be transported but rather can only be used in the specific muscle it is stored in - yes?

How much does one gram of glycogen raise BG? Or is there a glycogen to carb equivalence factor?

1 Like

Yes, muscle glycogen will not raise your BG. It is only used by that particular muscle. It is not “shared”

The translation from glycogen to carbs is equivalent, 4 calories = 1 gram of carbs or glycogen. The only weird thing about the glycogen conversion is that each gram of glycogen has 3-4 grams of water bound to it. But you can consider them the same.

2 Likes

So if we have ISF of 40 and I:C of 8 which translates backwards to 8 carbs raises BG by 40 points multiplied by ~ 100 grams of glycogen then we could estimate to be able to get about 400 BG points from one fully stocked liver?

1 Like

Maybe my math is off, but I get 500 points from those numbers.

8 is to 40 as 100 is to 500

2 Likes

Yerp. Your math is better.

:grimacing:

And thanks for the liver mini-lesson !!!

2 Likes

Thank you guys for following us. We are still in the development cycle and are working hard to raise capital to get this device to market. We got a patent and are now working on a design that is smaller than Insulet’s Podd but also includes a glucagon pump and integrated sensor.

Jerry co-founder & CEO
Pancreum, Inc.

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry.

I know someone :guinea_pig: who would love to test it for you. :wink:

1 Like