The Great Frozen Insulin Experiment....part 2

Welcome @JuliaWsM!

I’m glad that reading about it helped!

Sorry to hear about your own unexpected frozen insulin experiment. That’s a bummer!

There’s a few threads on insulin storage on here, but I like this one:

And I like to store ours in the door so it’s a) easy to find, and b) doesn’t roll away. My fridge freezes everything in the back it seems. Did you like frosty lettuce? No? How about half and half with ice?!? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Glad you were able to find some info, yeah a cracked vial sounds bad, fortunately we haven’t seen that, but we haven’t used pens in a few years. Also, thanks on confirming the delayed action curve. Every data point helps complete the picture. Throwing insulin away is a very rare occurrence in our house. It helps that my son is now 16 and can eat a ton, so we actually use a lot of insulin as well.

4 Likes

Ha! “Here, son. Just have another pizza and this leftover quart of milk. Then we can use the insulin that’s about to expire.” :rofl:

4 Likes

Hello Folks,

I am Arryo from Indonesia, A T2DM. I am very happy to find this froum, and this thread in particular, after being freaked kut this monrning discovering my Lantus converted to Iced-Lantus.

Thanks to internet that helped me reading all your experiences on mistakenly frozen insulin.
I am pretty sure that I can learn a lot fron this forum…
Once again, thank you for lettimg me join the forum.

5 Likes

Glad to have you here, and happy that you found some content to connect with. I haven’t actually frozen our Lantus before, so if you can contribute how it works (my guess is same as unfrozen) that would really help our knowledge base.

3 Likes