Started the libre

Mom asked a lawyer about it at work, if they didn’t designate a place, it’s discrimination, but due to the bathroom designation, it’s apparently ok??? The reader was $90something out of pocket for me, I think??? IDK if I could even get away with it there, nor a smart watch when the maintenance manager is huge on reporting people even for the cellphone policy and would get mad about anything involving or resembling a phone. My work is super stupid, but if I want cheap insulin, gotta stay.

So I hounded the blucon people, and they promised their new blucon NightRider without a different name will work with the bluconlink app and is supposed to work with watchfaces… however, I have not tested it yet, so I don’t trust the watchfaces yet…xdrip and android wear are the only ones I trust, especially with eversense… there are also nightscout widgets, but the delays are odd…android or Google wear watchfaces seem much more reliable, especially when the libre2 is launched, as xdrip already works with the libre2

1 Like

The libre reader is a freestyle neo glucometer… seems like most people forget… so unless they tell you blood glucose tests are confined to the bathroom…which seems gross, I still think using the libre reader all day whenever you want should be ok

I agree with the watch… but you’d have to buy the new $145 +25 shipping for the blucon (oct20) saves $20 and an android wear watch (100-300) especially since the miao miao 2 is sold out… and a bunch if Sony cr2032 batteries…

1 Like

I have found this to be true…basicaly all the experiences that you have been having. generally it is within 10 +/- from my meter, but also pretty darn accurate. then there are those insane times when it is so obviously wrong, that I just giggle and wonder why on earth I am bothering with it at all. but I have stuck with it.

as far as the strength of its holding on power, I have a hard time taking it off; it’s not so easy as one would think. I don’t use Tegaderm or even need Skin Tac; and don’t forget, I am swimming for 2 hours in the pool 5 days a week. how’s that for adhesiveness??? :rofl:

good luck with your mission! wishing you all the very best :swimming_woman:

PS: just for humor, my Libre does not like it when I go swimming. must have had a bad relationship with the pool in another life. each time I go, the Libre readings go completely wonky. every time. it takes a while for it to sync back into its normal state once I return home. not a clue on earth why this happens.

1 Like

…unfortunately, we don’t have a Cgm you can really swim with yet…maybe some sort of waterproof cast protection would work…there are,a few swimming watches now, but most don’t have speakers, or mics, etc…whenever I swam with the libre, it wouldn’t be the same, and I’d usually replace it a few days later… the eversense is closer, you could remove it for 2 hours during your swim…and I just spoke to the rep and they added blue Cross/ blue shield to their list of insurance companies…unfortunately I have Cigna and a high deductible, so I only have 30 days left on my eversense sensor

2 Likes

Sometimes you have to give people exactly what they want in order to show them how illogical they are being. They may feel differently if you found yourself heading off to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

2 Likes

So far I do whatever I want unless the maintenance man shows up, no one has cared.

I’m sick right now so my libre is interesting right now… On my last 2 days of my sensor… Seems most accurate on the last few days? Lol

1 Like

Are you staying extra hydrated right now that you are sick? Might explain things. Hydration is vitally important for the interstitial fluid, especially if you are skinny.

I have had an A1C of 9+ for quite some time (lack of testing due to construction job) and minus the downfall of having them ripped out occasionally, these have helped me maintain 85-145 for WEEKS on end minus a couple of over correcting or under correcting incidents because it is so convenient and WAY cheaper than a dexcom or anything else on the market. I would reccomend biting the bullet and sticking with it for sake of ease and for the sake of your body!

1 Like

I’m trying to stay hydrated… It’s mostly easy because I feel so dry but yeah.

I have had a few days off from it due to it expiring before I got more, but we’re good, I got more now. Starting a new one prolly later today… It’s only almost 4am here lol.

1 Like