Sports Announcer Blamed Racism on his T1D

Well, this is not a good look.

2 Likes

My response on this article.

5 Likes

@ClaudnDaye AMEN!! It’s amazing to me how quickly people have learned they can say virtually “anything” and find people that will believe the BS. And many in the press seems to blithely and intentionally help spread the word without calling people on it!f

3 Likes

When my Dexcom high alarm goes “BEEP BEEP BEEP”, all this time I was wondering what it was saying. Now I know!

2 Likes

I mean, I could see hypoglycemia resulting in someone who was successfully hiding their racism letting it slip, since you aren’t going to be as good at inhibitory control, but they were always a racist if that’s what disinhibition produces!

5 Likes

Oh, for the love.

2 Likes

@ClaudnDaye I am with you :100:%

1 Like

Right. Neither hypoglycemia nor hyperglycemia turn you into a racist. It’s like being drunk… How you truly feel sometimes comes out when inibriated. But neither the alcohol nor the high or low bgs caused or created the things… It only manifested them.

He’s a racist… Maybe a closet racist but a racist either way.

1 Like

Wow!!! A racist and a liar!! But still a man of G-d…

1 Like

Shocker… I love watching forensics files and those kind of murder shows. 8 out of 10 shows start with some version of “He was a god fearing, church going, whatever whatever…”.

Then he kills folks. Yep… Sounds about right to me.

1 Like

The worst sexual harassment I’ve ever experienced at work (there’s a scale with a lot of experience on that scale) was from a man who was all about being a deacon at his church.

3 Likes

Unfortunately a lot of hypocrites out there.

3 Likes

Yeah…when the minister at my church got busted in a state police sting for about the worst thing you can do as a minister…we took a break from institutions.

2 Likes

A close acquaintance of mine was the therapist that was hired to clean up the mess when one of the lead pastors from a mega church with the rich congregants was found to be having relations with six of the leaderships wives. Quite a mess to clean up. Unfortunately the personality required to lead a large organization often allows someone to more easily stray. If I tried to run a church there would probably be three people in the audience and one of them would be the person I hired to clean up after services. I doubt any of them would be interested in my dad bod.

2 Likes

But do you wear dad jeans on your dad bod? That is the burning question! (Get it? Burning?!)

2 Likes

And as for ministers and charisma…one of my best friends is a minister in a church sprung from the tent revival movement. We bat around a lot of theoretical questions and I evidently end up inspiring a decent number of sermons from either “good” example or “bad” example. One time I guessed that something I’d said had become a sermon and he was like, “How’d you know??” and I asked, “Did you at least change my name?” and he said, “ummmm”…I said, “Dude! You gotta at least give me a cool name! Like Brenda. Or Barb.”

I don’t know what he’s ended up calling me. :woman_shrugging:

I’ve always wanted to be a speech writer. I asked if I could be a speech writer for him and that’s evidently an offensive question for a minister.

5 Likes

After having had religion shoved down my throat for the first 17 years of my life (Jehovah’s Witnesses) and seeing repeated cases of gross hypocrisy in organized religion, I gave it up at the ripe young age of 20.

And this is why…

Love being me 100% of the time. What you see is what you get no matter where I am and who I’m with. Don’t like the me that i am? Get to steppin’

I don’t need alcohol or hypo/hyperglycemic episodes to tell you what’s on my mind… What’s REALLY on it. Hoping to pass that along to my kids.

3 Likes

Yes, and I do it while playing flaming bagpipes and drinking beer

2 Likes

I knew it!!

2 Likes

and the picture is back for those that missed it… :rofl: @Chris on his unicycle with the optional Darth Vader beer helmet

3 Likes