Somethings in the water (100% TIR)

Many times we’ve gotten in the 90’s and a few times to 98 or 99%, but this is the first time in 3 years we’ve managed the 100% Time In Range (TIR). It’s TOUGH as HELL with a child. lol. BTW - the range here is 60 and 180.

What’s most funny is that this came after…let’s see…

Breakfast: A Chocolate Chip Waffle with Maple Syrup on it + Milk
Lunch: Who knows…
Dinner: 2 slices of Pizza and a 1/2 cup of Sprite.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Funny how there are quite a few who have, just in the past weeks or month, gotten this pretty much in the same timeframe.

As an aside: Our TV is an hour behind after daylight savings changed…our TV didn’t change and I can’t figure out how to get the time correct on it, so even though it says ‘old’, it’s actually the correct info on the screen except it’s actually 0250 instead of 0150.

17 Likes

AMAZING! Must’ve been the low carb diet today :joy:

4 Likes

Way to go Liam!!
:+1:

3 Likes

That is really wonderful, way to go!!!

2 Likes

Very cool :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Curious how folks set TIR levels ?

My dexcom is set for levels I want alerts, which is tighter than my reporting TIR.
By getting alerts early, I have better chance of reacting and staying in goal range.

And then theres the goals I share with endo.

3 Likes

My alert high range is 10 points below my reporting range. They were the same but then I felt better about my numbers after changing the report to be a little more lenient :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our goal always is to minimize severe lows while still challenging ourselves to bring down his A1C. While we “strive for” 150 and that is the upper limit (to remind me that I want to stay under that if at all possible), mentally, I accept 180 as my ‘upper limit’ for purposes of TIR. 24 hours of 150 or less would never happen right now. So that’s kind my rationale…if it even makes any sense at all. lol

1 Like

It makes total sense…
Its good to have goals, but also remember that life happens and we can’t control everything that impacts BG.

Yes. I accepted that 3 years ago. In fact, as a reward for the 100% TIR the day before, this was last night…

The Diabetes Gods slapped me and reminded me that I’m only in charge when THEY allow me to be. lol

Nearly 6 units of Insulin given IN ADDITION TOO the .20 Basal he had running. Nothing different about last night. Just one of those nights you accept ‘you can’t control everything’ and keep on rolling.

7 Likes

Twins!
:grinning:

4 Likes

Was there a lunar eclipse last night?

3 Likes

Wow! Just wow! So many fantastic flatliners…

1 Like

TiR for 3yo
70-180 6am-10pm.
80-150 10pm-6am.
Will probably tighten the 180 to 170

Ed

5 Likes