So Word on FUD Street is Contour is the Meter to go with.... but why?

ReliOn meters are not available in Canada - so like faeries or gnomes or unicorns, I have seen pictures of them on the internet but they may not really exist :laughing:

I will take a video for you. The meter is just overly complicated but it is beautiful in it’s overcomplication.

Last night I was without CGM because my sensor had fallen off. I felt around 3.5 (63) and was going to have some cookie but decided to test anyways. I called out 3.5 to my kids but I had a strip fill problem with the contour (got the message that said add more blood). Reading came out as 2.6 (47). I said no way - I can;t be wrong, so I retested with a giant drop of blood and I was 3.3 (59), which was pretty close to the number I called out.

Moral of the story - I had a chocolate covered hob nob cookie. Moral that wasn’t the moral…

Ok - point 1 - I am either good at feeling my blood sugar or I am just damn lucky.
Point 2 - I find that with the contour, if you add blood to the strip late (after the underflow alarm) the reading will be really low. Happens all the time to me so I would never calibrate a CGM or treat on the number.

3 Likes