Samson's MRI is NORMAL!

It’s been about 7 months since Samson was first diagnosed with autoimmune encephalitis and given a dose of intravenous immunoglobulin. At the time, his MRI showed a “hyperintensity” – basically an area of inflammation – in his brain. He’s been on seizure medication (Vimpat) ever since, even though the doctors suspected the IVIG is what caused improvement.

On Wednesday he had an MRI that showed no hyperintensities and a “normal appearance of the brain” for his age.

We are SO relieved. My heart has been in my throat since Wednesday and this is the best possible news. The doctor probably still wants him on the seizure medication till this November, as they want a year seizure-free. But odds are good that Samson will eventually be able to come off of the medicine.

And here’s a photo of him with the LEGO set we got him because he was so good for his MRI.

25 Likes

That is really AWESOME news!!!

So glad things turned out to be the best possible outcome. That is so relieving. A nice looking lego set for a great looking boy.

3 Likes

Totally awesome! Big sigh of relief all round! And what a cutie he is. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

YAY!!! I can’t even imagine waiting for those results. What a cutie pie!!!

2 Likes

That’s such great news!

3 Likes

That’s wonderful news! I’m so happy he’s doing better and that there’s no reason to expect a recurrence now.

He’s adorable.

3 Likes

Congratulations to you all! So happy for Samson! He deserves that Lego toy!!

3 Likes

HOORAY!!! Enjoy your relief!

3 Likes

Awesome!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awe,so glad you got good news!!

2 Likes

What wonderful news! So happy for all of you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Great news!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! I’ve been wondering what was going on, on the brain front, and this news is better than I had even hoped for. Excellent to hear!!! :heart_eyes: I’m so glad you’ve had good news! And congrats for Samson for being an MRI trooper. I have plenty of adult friends who struggle with those, so bully for him!

1 Like

Fantastic news! Congrats to Samson and family. :grin:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that!