Pump insulin: vials or pen cartridges?

This also brings up another question at least in my mind…we don’t even GET prescriptions for the pen insulin filled capsules anymore…are you? Or are you being forced to extract insulin from a vial into a normal syringe?

1 Like

We actually continue to get the pen cartridges and fill our pods from those in case we want/need to use the pens. (we also figured out that we get more insulin by volume in this way, strangely).

3 Likes

Hmmm…maybe we should consider doing this

1 Like

Also, because his insulin needs are relatively low. We don’t need to “break the seal” on many of them and so they don’t expire as soon.

3 Likes

Happy birthday, BTW.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good eye! Happy Birthday @ClaudnDaye!

3 Likes

Hope you had a Happy Birthday!!

1 Like

I was just asking this the other day in another thread. Although I did it in such a convoluted manner, nobody had any idea what I was talking about.

I’m glad to hear that you fill from pen cartridges. We tried to do it the other day, it worked fine once, it didn’t work very well the second time. I think we are going to continue to get the cartridges filled every month instead of switching to vials.

I’m so sorry to hear you have been struggling with broken PDM’s. We were asking the trainer about this when we got the Omnipod recently, and she recommended seeing if we could get on the pod to give us a “Travel” pod as we travel so frequently. Plan on looking into it. If I hear back I’ll let everyone know.

1 Like

14 posts were split to a new topic: How do you fill a pump from a pen cartridge?

Same with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Monday is our next Endo appt. We’ll be requesting to change over to cartridges… We’ll see how it goes.