Omnipod trainining tomorrow...suggestions?

Sounds like you were ahead of the game and ready to go! Nice job! That must’ve felt great!

The wizard is useful if your ratios are right, but I might also suggest using The Force and your knowledge to double check. Sometimes it’s a bit off or doesn’t know how to take into consideration your exercise level, other lifestyle stuff, etc. when making the wizard suggestion.

We have gotten that advice from Omni pod directly as well.

The one thing I will add, is that EH tried it once and got a nasty (probably staph) infection underneath the OmniPod when he did. The problem was that it was uncomfortable but then he ignored it and the adhesive+irritation made things get a bit ugly. It’s fine now. It was probably a one-off and won’t happen to anyone else, but here’s my suggestion of how to do a better job than we did:

• use clippers/beard trimmer - the skin doesn’t need to be completely bare we’ve found
  • if you must use a razor, use a new blade, shaving cream, and shave the spot the day before and let it grow back a little if possible

Glad you had a good session with the trainer and that you basically had done it right on your own!! Congrats on that!

3 Likes