Officially on the OmniPod DASH Train! :-)

I finished my training and am officially a PODDER!!! :slight_smile: I’m SO excited! I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who have helped me make the decision to switch over. It has been nice to be FREE of tubes today!!

8 Likes

Omnipod has helped me manage my diabetes so much! Im so happy you enjoy so far! Best of luck to you :heart:

2 Likes

Have you managed to stay in a reasonable bg range today? Finger crossed, hoping for you.

Well…I honestly was just about to do a post update on that other post. This morning started off rough because after I FINALLY got to 80 (not without some REAL work to keep from going to 50 or below due to over correction) I didn’t have a pump on all night. I gave myself a 15u bolus this morning before my Pump training and once the Pod was put on it recommended a bolus of 8u - so not too bad considering it didn’t take into account I still had IOB from previous. I’ve not felt like I was chasing a high all day today. I think I’ve had REALLY good absorption. I’m only on 2.75u/hr (which is much lower than my 4u/hr yesterday). However, I’m trying to figure stuff out on the PDM…like can you do a correction bolus without eating?? I’m having trouble figuring out how to do that. It won’t allow me to bolus more than 30u max…I needed to do a correction & carb bolus, so I have another 15 units I need to do (it’s still bolusing the 30u right now). I figured since I finally have a good site that is responding I’d treat myself to a Sonic Blast tonight. I always take my time eating it though…so it seems like I’m eating one for an hour! LOL

1 Like

I am going to copy out part of your post and start a new thread with it. I think you are asking good questions, and it is never wrong to create new posts even for small topics because the great oracle Google rewards that.

1 Like

Sounds good to me! :slight_smile:

Thank you Clo!! I’m so glad I was finally able to join the ranks. I can see this being a very long and loving relationship with a pump - I never thought I’d EVER be able to say that about a pump. I’m coming from a Medtronic 630G.

2 Likes