New Medtronic 770G pump

Does anyone have the new 770g Medtronic insulin Pump? I have the 670G. I stopped using the guardian CGM that works with the pump because medicare doesn’t pay for the sensors. I also found that the results showing on my pump were anywhere from 40-50 points off. my A1c’s were NOT good. I switched to the Dexcom G6 CGM and they closer to my actual BG. I know you don’t have to calibrate , but recently I have found the bg readings are more off than usual. So I calibrate after a few hours of a new sensor and do a random about half way through the 10 days. Any one else having those issues with correct BG readings?

1 Like

The quality of the sensors in the G6 really seem to vary. I have had some that required constant calibration over the 10 days and others that required none.

2 Likes

I found the G6 to be more accurate for me when I calibrate it frequently. Since I test my BG a lot anyway, it is not problem for me to just enter the number in and calibrate it. The G6 just seems more accurate for me that way.

3 Likes

I think I calibrate more with G6 than I ever had to with the G5! :flushed:

3 Likes

And because YDMV I basically never calibrate the G6. I may take a fingerstick during the first 12 hours to calibrate my brain, but I leave the G6 alone on the theory that it will come back into reasonable accuracy by itself (which I verified to my satisfaction on the first 2 G6 sensors I used.) Perhaps I would see ample reason to calibrate if I were still lean and muscular, but for me those days are a decade in the past.

3 Likes

Same here. No calibration required for us.

1 Like