New FDA program pre-approves tech to speed medical progress

http://fortune.com/2017/09/26/fda-digital-health-apple-fitbit/
https://www.theverge.com/tech/2017/9/26/16369212/fda-pre-cert-program-apple-fitbit-health-tech

FDA announced a new program Tuesday that offers a “fast track” for nine technology companies to gain approval for features in their devices from the origination

The program, called Pre-cert, will include Apple, Fitbit, Samsung, Alphabet-owned Verily, Johnson & Johnson, Pear Therapeutics, Phosphorus, Roche, and Tidepool.

The Pre-cert program was initially launched on July 27th. The companies that participate must provide access to the methods they use to develop, test, and maintain their products as well as give information to the FDA about how they collect data and maintain quality.

3 Likes

That’s outstanding. I totally missed that.

1 Like

This thread is very confusing to me!

New FDA program pre-approves tech to speed medical progress

I will check my BG and come back to it…
:thinking:

1 Like

Darn, Discourse flubbed the thread split with @Thomas’s post :frowning: Let me see how to get it back.

1 Like

You are just reading it wrong. Try looking sideways while you spin backwards. Then it all makes sense. If it still is not right then you are not spinning fast enough.

4 Likes

@Thomas: your original post got mangled in the thread split, sorry. Can you have a look at it and see if it is back properly?

1 Like

I have faith. @Michel and @CatLady are the Split Masters !!!

1 Like

I just read it again and now it makes perfect sense. So it must have been the spinning. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Considering I just bought a Fitbit Ionic partly for its upcoming medical applications (Dexcom integration and sleep apnea tracking), the fact that Fitbit is included in this is great! Hopefully health applications that are developed aren’t hindered in crossing the border into Canada!!!

2 Likes

I am curious: are you using it for Dexcom integration right now?

1 Like

No, there’s no Dexcom integration yet. They’re saying early 2018 according to a press release. I’m still using the G4, too. I’m going to keep an eye on Nightscout, as I know that’s being worked on by someone already.

1 Like

Thanks, learning as I go! :smile_cat:

1 Like