My T:slim and Dexcom Journey: Observations, Questions, Compliments, and Concerns

Definitely drive enough to get into that habit. For as fast as it seems to drain, it more than makes up for it in how fast it charges.

1 Like

I knew I kept friends with you for a reason. :grin: I’ll go out that in my car.

1 Like

I wasn’t testing anything… just surprised— and then concerned— with that initial drop.

But that’s good info, and I will test that just to have an idea. Because I obviously don’t trust Tandem… or you. :grin: Juuuust kidding.

2 Likes

And I was about to bust you on the fact that’s not Dr. Seuss, but it turns out it is so… good pull. :grin:

Okay, so what I hear you saying is you give no credence to the cable stuff even though i was given a stern warning by an electrical somebody. I did give it a lot of thought after that conversation… but haven’t changed the habit. I was afraid to do it with the t:slim or dexcom though. So I just won’t be. Moving on.

2 Likes

I consider that a very sane approach.

ha ha ha

Refer to above point.

4 Likes

@Nickyghaleb

Now that you have some time under your belt with actual Tandem X2 usage, I would suggest to go back and re-read the X2 User Guide.

The context when you read this time will be quite different.

4 Likes

I haven’t touched the user guide since my pump training, it probably wouldn’t hurt for me to peek at it again too. I just get frustrated with things like this because they are (rightfully) designed for people with little-to-no pump experience. I wish they would put like a “pump expert tips n tricks” section in the back or something, that I might be inclined to look at again :stuck_out_tongue:

In an unrelated note, I found out a few weeks ago that you can dial in a new bolus while the pump is still delivering an extended bolus. Blew my mind. You were absolutely forbidden from doing that on my old pump, you’d have to cancel the extended bolus. Perhaps it’s in the user manual and I could’ve learned earlier but the thrill of accidental discovery is also fun :grin:

5 Likes

Agreed. It is the little tidbits here and there that you may pick up so as to make it worth the read (again).

ha ha ha

Hilarious !!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: T:slim Basal-IQ: how do you track time suspended?

Sounds like me and what I am going through now.

2 Likes

It’s a never ending challenge. Added to all of those variables is absorption and scar tissue. The nature of the beast I’m afraid. Basal IQ really helped me with adjusting my settings. It’s always changing but having a successful plan of action makes all the difference. Good luck @T1john all the best to you!

3 Likes

Diasend has made an update. Actually a couple updates.

We give our Ped Endo access to both our Dexcom Clarity data and our Diasend data.

The Dexcom G6 cgm data is updated from the X2 into Diasend. Which is nice for USA customers as the online link to flow the data from Clarity to Diasend works for International but not USA. However that cgm data will now be uploaded into Diasend at the same time as all the other X2 pump data is uploaded. This (cgm data from X2 upload) started working for us in February so that has been some time now.

The more recent update is the Diasend Uploader v3.5 relesed last month in September. A few highlights in this update.

We are really excited to announce that Basal IQ data now is visible in diasend® for users with a Tandem T:Slim X2 and Dexcom G6 connected to it. Basal IQ is a so called PLGS, a Predictive Low-Glucose Suspend, and is possible to view in the “Insulin Comparison: day-by-day report”.

Connect mylife™ App from Ypsomed with diasend® in two easy steps.The diabetes data will now continously be synced with the patients diasend® account.

@Jen - Would this work for you or are you already set with other reporting tools?

2 Likes

And a picture of one of the Diasend reports if anybody interested but not familiar.

I do think this is a great reporting tool for the Tandem t:slim X2 w/Basal-IQ.
Note where it mentions PLGS is clearly referring to Basal-IQ

BTW - Temp basal shows up not because of Basal-IQ but because we are running long-term 120% temp basal because I am too lazy to change the basal profile. Sometimes it just is what it is.

Also note that we intentionally run the Basal a little on the high side with the intention and expectation of letting the Basal-IQ cut in and suspend.

100% not recommended by Tandem at all. But it works for us.

2 Likes

Wait!..WHAT??? Seriously? I guess I just assumed, so this is great info! Thx @glitzabetes! :hugs:

3 Likes

You did not KNOW this, @elver?! This is a little piece of button-masher’s heaven. :hugs:

1 Like

I was using Diasend with my Ping and Dexcom and haven’t switched over to anything else yet. There is Ypsomed Cloud, but I’ve never used it. At my last appointment, my endo said he “hardly ever” logs into Diasend anymore because everyone is using Clarity (and I guess he mostly cares about CGM data). I like seeing everything in one place.

I will look into getting Diasend set up with the Ypsopump today. It may not work, because here it’s called the Ypsomed App, not the mylife App, so this may not work in Canada yet, though I was told when I got the pump that Diasend support was coming. I’m hoping it supports the Libre as well. It would be great to see all my data in one place again!

@Jen

PDF Document from Diasend
How to connect your FreeStyle LibreLink app with diasend

https://diasend.com//docs/quickguides/M0116v0_GB_LibreLink_instructions

FYI: The apps listed in Diasend that allow cloud based connections:
Fitbit
Dexcom (G5 Mobile / G6 app) - (but not USA customers)
mylife App / mylife Cloud
Runkeeper
Abbott FreeStyle LibreLink
Eversense

We do not have any cloud based connections into Diasend and just use the usb based uploader with the Tandem X2 which also includes the cgm data from the Dexcom G6.

1 Like

I just checked it out, and it looks like so far Ypsomed support is for Europe only. I’m sure I’ll get an email from Ypsomed when it’s available in Canada.

I’m currently using the FreeStyle Libre Reader because my phone is too old to support the LibreLink app. :stuck_out_tongue: But if I had both the Ypsomed app connected and the LibreLink app connected, I’d never have to actively upload data, which would be awesome.

I’ve had my Fitbit connected to Diasend for a few years now, but it’s not very impressive. All it brings in is your total steps for each day, and that data is only available in certain views. It would be AMAZING if the Fitbit support could bring in how you slept, how many steps you got, and exercise sessions that you recorded or were autorecorded. If it could show an activity graph in the daily view alongside the blood glucose and basal rates and boluses, and markers showing when you slept and when you exercised, that would be amazing!!

I’ve also used the Fitbit app to record meals in the past, and it would be great if that data were synced over so that you could actually see a breakdown of what you ate when you bolused (or didn’t bolus). But now I’m probably wishing for too much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes