Mums the Word

Our 1st experience with Byram was painless so I’m a fan so far! Pleasant customer representatives, quick shipping and guess what? They sent me an extra transmiter that I’m saying nothing about…to those of you who consider it stealing, I’m ok if you judge me. :slight_smile: We pay our arms and legs for healthcare in the US so anytime I get something extra, I gladly accept it.

Now we have a reserve Transmitter!

14 Likes

Actually, that happened to me once, except it was Dex who sent it.

I called them about returning it and they said they are not permitted to take it back. :man_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

The DE here wrote me a second prescription so I could have a back up. But then I have had a couple fail before their time. But Dexcom likes to send ones with a short life and I was able to cycle them at first but lost the battle as they don’t last much longer than the expiration date. But I do have 2 back ups.

3 Likes

And as everyone has noted, you will need it. My insurance for some reason is incredibly stingy with transmitters, so for a couple of times I have had to go off the dexcom for a couple of days as they couldn’t get me the transmitter in time.

4 Likes

Bring on the G7 and make the whole transmitter thing go away. Can’t happen soon enough.

4 Likes

But I don’t like that it looks like we won’t be able to restart the G7! I’ll mess with a transmitter if I get to restart the sensor because of it!

1 Like

i went from the g5 to the libre for about 1 1/2 years and for some reason, 14 days seemed a lot better than 10…probably because of the every other week sunday sensor change…much better than mid week with the Dex6…at least the g7 looks a lot smaller, so there’s some advantage… plus its supposed to cost us less…

2 Likes

We are averaging 17 days with our G6 sensors.

3 Likes

I will be glad to be done with the transmitters! It seems like Dexcom and their suppliers will send out extra sensors right and left, but I’ve had to buy transmitters out of pocket because everyone holds on to them so tightly. (I had to buy a transmitter once because Medicare wouldn’t approve a Dexcom prescription without a receiver, while I already had one. It took so long to locate and send Medicare a receipt for the original receiver that I needed a new transmitter! :crazy_face:)

3 Likes

10 days just seems too random, and my insurance just warned me they are going to start charging for transmitters…and every now and then ill have a sensor failed message, only to notice my transmitter is 108 days…

3 Likes

They may be less likely to send oit the G7 sensors and transmitters when they come out.

2 Likes

they might be slow, but remember there is no spoon

1 Like