mmol/L to mg/dl Conversion

Welcome to FUD, @Lizzyb! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi @Lizzyb! Glad you spoke up for our Aussie and NZ friends. Welcome to FUD and we’ll hear more from you. :sunflower:

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: :australia: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the lovely welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome, Australia – land of Tim Tams and Tim Winton. (Both, luckily, available in :canada: and best enjoyed together.)

3 Likes

I have been to Canada, but apparently I don’t speak Canadian. Hmm.

1 Like

Tim Tams are oh soooo dangerous. I could easily eat an entire package.

4 Likes

Chris just remember to say “anyways” and “eh?” and you’re pretty much a local!!!

Last visit was last Christmas where an Uncle introduced us to the delightful poutine.
Yum!!! Between poutine and Tim Tams, we’re all in trouble!!

2 Likes

Being from Minnesota, I got the “eh” down pat. Poutine is lovely, I have had a few good ones in Montreal, but believe it or not I had my best Poutine in Wisconsin with fried cheese curds.

1 Like

Just had to go look up Tim Tams, sounds delicious…and totally off limits!

3 Likes

Welcome @TomH! With enough insulin you can cause a low and then use the Tim Tam’s to recover. Just saying :wink:

2 Likes

Yep. Do that all the time.

2 Likes

Thank you. This is great!

1 Like

Easier still, multiply by 20 and reduce by 10%.

1 Like

So much better than trying to multiply by 18!

1 Like

I developed T1 55 years ago. At one point in 80s my control via test strips & MDI syringes waned & I sought a new Endocrinologist. Was offered choice of Pump or Pens, chose pens as could not conceive wearing a tubed pump 24x7. 5 years ago, newer PCP enrolled me for Dexcom CGM, got unprecedented insight & better control. Learning Dexcom features online, read about Omnipod tubeless pumps. Convinced my Endo to prescribe, started Omnipod 5 in automated mode Dec 25. Was able to set it up from Online training & videos to approximate my MDI dosages, called OP 24x7 helpful customer support a couple times to clarify settings so I could revise. They are not allowed to offer individual medical advice, but can explain all the settings. The convenience of dosing for meals & snacks is so vastly greater than with pens that I do it more frequently, using smaller doses. Only the background basal dosing every 5 minute interval is automated. Unlike 24hr long insulins, it will diminish/cease as one’s mgdl falls beneath lower bound, resume/increase as it rises.
I gather one can get even closer more aggressive control with DIY combos lacking vendor support, but I am happy with this.

4 Likes

Hi @larry-butler, welcome to FUD and thank you for sharing. You’ve found a great place, and we all look forward to sharing our experiences with you, as well as getting the benefit of yours. May I suggest you hop on over to the “Welcome” thread and introduce yourself so we can give you a proper welcome. Or maybe @ClaudnDaye or one of the others with a higher pay-grade than me can move your introductory post over there, where it is likely to be seen by more members.

3 Likes

Thank you!
CR

1 Like