Medtronic recall: infusion sets

Why not post or include in letter what infusion set lot numbers are bad so we can check against what we have??

2 Likes

Medtronic made a website where you can check the lot numbers you have.
https://checklots.medtronicdiabetes.com/home

2 Likes

I realize that, I received the letter. But in all other forms of recalls the public is notified up front what the bad lot numbers are
this seems kind of backwards to that.

The reason they don’t always include all of the numbers in the letter they send is that they may be still investigating and/or testing and they reserve the right to add lot number they find are bad after the date they sent the letter.

Responsible companies like Medtronic notify patients as soon as they know they have an issue and have a basic understanding of scope.

2 Likes

i have been using Medtronic for 17 years. they have always been a great company to work with and confident using their products.

i had 60 sets that needed to be replaced. they guided me through the entire process with patience and understanding and appologies.

since i returned my defunct sets, i have been receiving replacement sets
(one box of 10 ) each week or two. also they processed my regularly scheduled shipment without any problem. i fully believe in their company and love their customer service. from a 1 out of 10, i would give them a 10 w/out hesitation. :sunny:

I’m glad you had a good experience with the recall. Mine didn’t go so well, as I am getting first shipment this week, having reported them in early October.

When I called the special recall support number, I was told by 2 different people that since I get my sets from another supplier, I needed to contact them for replacements !

Finally went up the chain and talked with someone that said that information was incorrect, and they helped me get my replacements.

1 Like

so sorry for your trroubles and the inconvienence you had to go through. at least you were able to get the help that you needed. i was very throrough from the start. i did the on-line questionaire, then i called up a representative immediately with all of my lot #s etc. they were very appologetic and helpful (as already mentioned).

at least yours will work out eventually. ( also, and just a PS: i let them know that i had no sets left if i were to send them back to the company for the recall, and they sent me a box of 10 over-night.)

I got my replacement sets right away, like in a week… they threw in an extra one for some reason too.

I got an extra box too, which was shipped the day I got to the right person on the phone. I would have run short if they had not sent it. Monday I expect to get the official recall replacement box based on the email notification.
However today I just got my 3 month refill, so am in good shape now.

1 Like

this is exactly what happened to me. :sunny: