Low then high after meals

I am going to say they stop when my sugar comes back up above threshold. Not sure but can’t recall being in suspend when my b’s come back up. But at same time, when like last night when I went into suspend even after eating I am sure that dosent help the Spink I got or get because it happened a lot at night. Mabey my stomach is just sleepy and wants to wait till I am ready to go to sleep to start working to mess with me.:grinning:

1 Like

And yea 78 is kinda low, but I try and stay around 90. Did fingerstick and I am 81, pretty good for enlite. But I find my stable #'s to be close just lags can be slow, but aren’t they all cgm’s I mean.

2 Likes

That’s certainly what I find to be true with all of them, yes.

I tried getting some info from the other group yesterday, but they were not much help. :grin: Again, I don’t mean to undermine your thinking on gastroparesis and other factors, but this seems to be a gray area… exactly how long your pump is suspending. It might be what’s behind some of those spikes, too. With the 670G, it would also resume my insulin when my blood sugar was above threshold… but that’s where that lag really had the biggest effect. When my SG was showing that I had reached threshold, I could’ve already been at a 150 or 160, sometimes meaning I had missed an additional 30 or 40 minutes of insulin when I had needed it. I’m not trying to make this a problem for you if it’s not one, but you’re considering what’s behind those highs, and you’ve got a case of missing insulin without knowing how much. If you’re anything like me, 30 minutes could make an enormous difference. It just might be worth trying to figure out how long these suspends are and maybe even doing a couple of finger sticks as your insulin resumes— just to look at the difference between SG and BG. It might be an easier fix than getting your stomach to stop messing with you. :grin:

I fingerstick a lot minimum every 1/2 hr for first couple then every hour for a couple. For lack of better terms it’s almost like my stomach is stacking food. Example; to at 3:30 I ate a 6" subway ham & cheese and a bag of barbecue chips for a total of 76 carbs. By bs was 88 (fingerstick not sg)it’s now 111 and has been creeping to that. Took no bolus or anything. I’ll probably eat again with in an hour. If I bolus for that will most likely drop low if not will go up. Have been playing with doing small boluses like 1unit every 30 minuted up to what would be the normal bolus with no luck also. It’s kind of a game at this point. I must add and feel kind of stupid doing that I have drugs to help my stomach emptying to take when I eat, but don’t normally take unless I am having problems (gastro not diabetes) may need to rethink that. Don’t like taking meds if I can get away with it, other than primary meds for diabetes, heart, dvt, cancer etc. Doc’s worry about what I take but I have pcp, endo, cardiologist, gastrointestinal, vascular surgon. But when all are on a common email so when one does something everyone knows. My vascular surgeon is more like my PvP last 8months we have contact twice a week over INR’S/warfarin dosing.

3 Likes

Sorry so long

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve got finger sticks covered… and you’ve really got a complicated situation. I was trying to understand your Subway scenario… So you eat a high carb meal and it just takes a long time until you see the spike?

There’s a guy in the other group who really has to work with gastroparesis issues. I wonder if he wouldn’t have some ideas? I also have another friend who might have some ideas. I’ll ask for you!

Thanks, subway I was saying how long it takes food to have an effect. By it self, that’s all I ate to see results, that meal had little effect an was able to keep in check doing 2 small boluses about an hour apart then dropped back down to around 90 where I try to stay. But not until about 11:00 if I would have eaten again it I’ll say it stacks or compounds to make it hard. Have been reading doc. Bernstein tonite and found some interesting. But that’s about her story.

Found that I turned on basal patterns which turned off my basal presets (amount from time a to time b, don’t remember what it’s called) reset them and increased in evening. Read on tread that if your b’s are going up and down during a certain time frame daily your basal is probably out of sync. Also notice my chm reads low when level is below 90 so set suspend threshold lower and tonite said bg was 70 alarming, fingerstick showed 87 so just turned sensor off to stop alarms, doing finger sticks for bit. Have unlimited strip plan so they are not an issue. Need to figure out how to twerk alarm so it dosent go off every 15 minutes.

1 Like