Loop vs. Omnipod Horizon

No. I just have the traditional RL and I also purchased one of the wireless charging ones that I haven’t even pulled out of the box yet.

1 Like

I like the idea of this, but I worry the user interface is maybe not as professional looking, for caregivers who in the future might bolus our son.

2 Likes

Actually, I think the user interface of AndroidAPS looks really good. It may be a bit complex, but not unprofessional. The fact that it’s a DIY solution doesn’t show and it looks just like any commercial app.

The hardware part is a different story though. I suppose it might be hard to pass off a Rileylink as a professional medical device.

5 Likes

we are still using Loop and just in comparison I feel like our caregivers who have administered insulin for my son at school would be more confused by Android APS. They definitely had no problems using Loop, very intuitive. The RileyLink didn’t matter so much because we kept it in his suitcase and that was always around him, so no one looked at it.

5 Likes

I used AndroidAPS for a few years in open loop mode. Hwr, when DIY Loop began supporting OmniPod (May 2019), I switched from using AndroidAPS to DIY Loop. Actually I still use AndroidAPS on my Android phone in open mode, as well as xDrip+, as both have significantly more information than DIY Loop, the Dexcom app, or any other app that is on my iPhone. So I typically use the Android for detailed info, or BG deltas, etc., and my iPhone for Loop.

I do agree with @TiaG though, AndroidAPS may be more complex than DIY Loop. But some people like the simplicity of Loop, and it is probably easier for healthcare workers to grasp.

5 Likes