Levemir - giving me some real trouble here

I think you should back up here and decide what your goal is. Having had T1 for 46 years I have used all these insulins and more, for more than a decade each. So if your goal is to test out all the different insulin formulations you haven’t tried yet, then by all means, add another one to the mix, since there are certainly benefits to knowing how you react to all the different insulins. I have done this and think it is a worthwhile exercise.

But if your goal is to simplify your insulin regime and achieve better control, then I would send you in a different direction based on my experience. It would require some changes to your eating patterns - but not change the foods you eat - only when you do it. Of course these may be specific to me, and may not help you, but I can go into detail if you’re interested.

Sorry, I don’t post here that much. I don’t check in often, and when I do I find my contributions are often lost or ignored. But I have had T1 for a long time, and my last A1c was in the low 5’s, and my G6 shows a std dev of 24 mg/dl, so I thought I would mention it in case it would be useful to you.

BTW, I would not be at all concerned about the different amount of Tresiba and Levemir that you have found you need. I found exactly the same thing when I switched from Levemir to Tresiba. In short, I found that I needed 30 units of Levemir (in two 15 unit doses, at waking and at 10pm) but only 20 units of Tresiba, full thread here: https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/anyone-interested-in-switch-from-levemir-to-tresiba/5780/3

4 Likes