Anyone interested in switch from Levemir to Tresiba?

Day1 was Saturday. I had been using a total of 30 units of Levemir, 15 units at about 8am and 15 units at 10:30pm. I had my normal 15 units of Levemir Friday night, then woke up and took 28 units of Tresiba on Saturday. No breakfast (I don’t eat one on weekends) and BG more or less stable till lunch. I ate a well tested lunch (one I eat most days of the year) and took normal bolus. Unlike with Levemir, I found my BG falling repeatedly in the afternoon, requiring repeated small carb intakes. I didn’t count how much, but it was a lot. Especially at around 9 hours after tresiba injection - normally levemir would be starting to tail off at this time, but tresiba seemed to be ramping up. Anyway, conclusion from day 1 is that I am starting with too high a dose of tresiba, So 30 units of levemir does not translate to 28 units of tresiba for me - I need to lower dose more. One nice surprise - I went to bed at BG 102 and woke up with BG 102. I know this is fluke and not a realistic goal, but nevertheless I hope I continue to see good stability overnight with one injection of basal a day. Hopefully this will continue to be true once I get the tresiba better tuned.

1 Like