Is my understanding of autoimmune diseases correct?

That makes sense. I thought I recalled the potatoes being a very serious thing, but I didn’t know if there was a minor accidental exposure incident (but it sounds like you’ve got that ruled out).

As far as pollen goes, in my area, there’s always something blooming it feels like, no matter what the pollen count it, and the allergies really come and go for folks (it doesn’t freeze often here). I’ve recently discovered that I’m quite allergic to orchids - and I didn’t know for years about that one but it explains a lot (I grew up in a flower shop and am allergic to most flowers and probably always was - everyone thought I was sick all the time.) Maybe it IS a newly discovered thing that’s bugging you?

That’s good news about the numbers on the Graves’! Hopefully the eye irritation will be a thing of the past soon!!

1 Like

Or, north of the 49th at this time of year, rotting leaves, dying gardens, bursting seed pods, and all manner of natural moulds. People all around me keep having sneezing fits, and looking surprised about it.

1 Like

This could be possible. Mould is the one thing I consistently test as not allergic to, but of course allergies can change at any time.

I’m trying not to get too excited about the change in my thyroid…my endo indicated when I was diagnosed that it would happen eventually (regardless of remission), but usually it would happen within the first months or years. Mine took two and a half years. My endo indicated last year that, based on what’s known from current research, my chances of remission were virtually non-existent (enough so that several times he offered treatment that would destroy my thyroid with radioactive iodine). So it’s more than likely not remission, that is sort of jumping to a conclusion without evidence…but I can’t help be a little hopeful, since this is the first dosage change I’ve ever seen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes