Is Dexcom imploding?

Tandem not much better. I waited over an hour last week. However once answered, their response was great.

2 Likes

Here is the Overlay patch form but it didnā€™t work for me.

https://dexcom.custhelp.com/app/OverPatchOrderForm

Update: I just tried it again and it worked this time.

2 Likes

email Kevin Sayer, the head of Dexcom, and he might arrange a follow-up call. Itā€™s happened for me before.

2 Likes

I do this now. Havenā€™t called in a few months, itā€™s worked really well.

2 Likes

Your experience caused deja vuā€¦you described my short-lived experience with Edgepark a few years backā€¦never again I hope. Customer service at DME suppliers has been in a race to the bottom for a while. Itā€™s sad to read that Dexcom might be joining that race. This might be a symptom of their trouble ramping up to deal with Medicare? I guess time will tell whether they can get back to their earlier approach of delivering great customer service.

2 Likes

I think eventually Dexcom wants everything pushed to the pharmacy channel and get out of direct customer support. Not exactly sure how replacements would be handled, but wouldnā€™t be surprised if they eventually push that to the Pharmacy.

I love the Pharmacy channel, so much easier for me. I havenā€™t had to go through replacement process in ages. Iā€™m one of the unicorns who rarely has issues.

2 Likes

I decided to try the online chat route for my last sensor replacement. I inadvertently filled out a ā€œcall back request formā€, which said I would hear back in 48 hours. So I decided to try the real time chat. The chat was quick and easy, they shipped the replacement sensor that day. Then I got a live call back from Dexcom the next day. I told them I resolved the issue via online chat and that the replacement was on the wayā€¦so no need for their live follow up.

A few days later I received 2 replacement sensors! Win, win. :slight_smile:

Now if only Insulet had an online chat for POD replacements. Yesterday I had two screamers, both right after filling the POD with insulin but before pairing. Odd since Iā€™ve never had that issue in the years Iā€™ve been using Omnipods.

6 Likes

Just worked for me, too!

2 Likes

Wow, this is great to know! Iā€™ll try the chat next time!

I have far less trouble w/ OmniPod pods than I do Dexcom sensors, knock on wood! I have had screamers happen just like this though!

2 Likes