Intramuscular injection of rapid insulin

I’m sure many here know I’ve been having issues with high insulin resistance after getting Covid. I don’t know if recent events are because the PTB changed me from Novolog to Humalog. I’m on my first cartridge.

This morning I woke with BG around 135mg/dl. It continued to rise with me doing corrections. I ate 20-30 carbs and did an extended bolus for 90 g total split 50/50.

Continue to rise. When I got home from church I did a 5u IM in the deltoid muscles. It finally started coming down with all that other insulin on board.

Maybe I’ll get dinner, no lunch for me.

Sorry, I haven’t been posting corrections on Dexcom.
Tandem doesn’t let you get the full picture in a screenshot

I did the IM about 11:30

5 Likes

IM is definitely a staple for some people here.

What are you using for the IM? I have some 1/2 inch needles for that, which get the job done.

1 Like

5/16" using the last of the Novolog

1 Like

Mea culpa, mea culpa mea maxima culpa - I stand corrected. I do stand by the IM injections to bring high BG down quickly.

I was on day 3 of my cartridge in set yesterday. When I went to change it out I was having trouble finding the set. I use my thighs, top and outer sides. Well the darn thang was under my underwear and was not attached. I guess the underwear soaked up all those corrections.

My only excuse is because the history of BG spiking and slow to respond caused me not to check the infusion site. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Get some 1/2 inch needles and give those a try!