I'm back, it's been a while

So far I’ve gone from 1:15 to 1:10 and it worked until yesterday.

2 Likes

then i would stick with that for another week or so…one day does not make a trend…it is not unusual to have a day that is wacky occasionally

2 Likes

Completely silly question: Am I missing something, or are there no basals taken/recorded on the 30th and 2nd? That is basal in lighter color, yes?

1 Like

I am loving this conversation – the curiosity and intensity and your @Sensorium139 drive to improve blood sugar and health! I am learning a lot from everyone’s input. One suggestion for splitting basal, which I do: instead of bedtime / morning, I do the split bedtime / lunchtime. Then you don’t have to worry about waking up!! And for about four months, I had a neon post it note in my insulin bag reminding me to TAKE THE SECOND DOSE (I would easily forget).

Also, @T1Allison is spot on with her observations on female hormonal fluctuations. They are a damn bear to deal with. (I was diagnosed at age 20, while on birth control pills, went off of them at the recommendation of a too-controlling endo, dealt with maturing body, pregnancy, etc, and am now in menopause and on HRT – it all has been a RIDE and honestly ridiculous to manage. You just have to do the best you can and take it day by day.) It sounds like your PCP is a good one and hopefully you can explore a possible PCOS diagnosis with him.

Am sending you my best wishes and a hug. It may not feel like it, but you are ROCKING IT. Jessica

6 Likes

High-intensity exercise can raise BG by triggering the release of stress hormones. (There’s a trick where if going hypo and there’s no carb anywhere to be had, just run a few maximum effort wind sprints to temporarily raise the BG, then go find carbs.)

But the big thing is, at least in my body, if my BG is elevated for any length of time, I develop significant insulin resistance. Not only will I need much larger corrections, also my basal is not high enough because I’m resistant, so I’m going to stay high until I give large and repeated corrections to bring me down and keep me down for a few hours. Only then will my regular basal be enough to keep me from rising back up.

My CDE taught me early on, “If your BG is too high, you need more insulin.” I always go back to that because it cuts through all the confusion and frustration. Just take enough insulin that it finally works. (I don’t mean to deny the frustration while getting the BG fixed, that’s real and, uh, frustrating.)

5 Likes

I’m lazy+ getting used to mysugr. I take my 22 units of basaglar every night at 9:20 pm . I just am not used to recording that besides my Google calendar reminder.

Just worried it’s a trend in the making, I might be paranoid a bit, but I’m not used to blood sugar like this.

Ahh good lord ,the balance of weight loss and diabetes management are a pain in the butt. I really didn’t know that. I think I’m going through the thing with insulin resistance and higher blood sugar lately too.

I wish I could do that, but I sleep most the day. I’m trying to figure something out, but right now it’s like when would I be able to split it???

Also for some reason the hormones are out to get me lately, I figure that’s part of it , because my period has changed yet again lately.

4 Likes