Hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19

Ok so explain to me your logic… if it’s perfectly safe for everyone passing through or living in malaria zones to take routinely because there’s a small chance of them getting bitten by a mosquito who had also recently bitten someone who had malaria… why perhaps unsafe in this case? When it might be life and death.

1 Like

It is being used for it’s expressed purpose. Shouldn’t require a lot of explaining.

Anyway. Moving on. :slight_smile:

Ok… well to clarify the expressed purpose that it’s now been fast track approved for is to suppress the cytokine storm response in covid patients lungs that is causing hundreds thousands of deaths worldwide likely to be millions. I’d personally rather take my chances with malaria… and I took it for a long time just to reduce that chance

1 Like

Who wouldn’t die without it, but you don’t feel sorry denying it to someone who might die without it? Sorry, but it doesn’t make sense to me.

I just see it differently.

I don’t feel sorry denying it to someone who might die WITH it. We just don’t, and can’t, know… Again… Clinical trials exist for a reason.

At the very least i hope everyone understands that these drugs are NOT to “cure covid”… They are too combat the bacterial infections caused by the pneumonia, that is caused by covid.

Not bacterial infections…

They suppress the immune response (which is what kills people) due to a viral pneumonia caused by covid.

1 Like

No, that is completely wrong. Hydroxychloroquine stops the cytokine “storm” or extreme immune reaction that occurs in the lungs in response to the virus. Hydroxychloroquine = suppresses immune response, that’s why it works for autoimmune diseases.

3 Likes

Yes wrong on every count…

1 Like

Should have been more clear obviously. Neither Hydroxychloroquine NOR any of the other drugs and antibiotics being administered are cures for covid. They are merely combatting the immune related and bacterial related infections caused by the pneumonia and immune issues that covid causes.

Nothing is a cure for covid. I talk to many people who believe these drugs are actually “curing” covid.

Right on every count just not clear enough obviously.

The only cure for covid is a vaccine that had yet to be developed.

Again… not bacterial infections… still wrong

1 Like

From the WHO. Very right. The more we know…

Actually the other drugs they are looking at are anti-virals they used for HIV and SARS.

Yes, viral infections can lead to secondary bacterial infections… but that’s not what we’re talking about here.

Yes antibiotics are not helpful (they only would be if bacterial infections were the issue)

Yes it’s rare for bacterial pneumonia to develop from covid that can be treated by antibiotics.

Still wrong.

1 Like

That’s not what YOU were talking about. I was talking about the full gambit of drugs being administered to covid patients.

And what exactly is the “full gambit?”

Ok… my apology if you were just referring to the potential possibility that covid May lead to bacterial pneumonia which would not be potentially effectively treated by chloroquine. You’re right… if that ever happened there is no chance that this would be an effective treatment for that resultant secondary pneumonia. If that is your primary concern… the bacterial pneumonia vaccine is your best bet

Remdesivir, Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine, Lopinavir-ritonavir, Lopinavir, Ritonavir, Interferon beta, Broad-spectrum antiviral GS-5734, Azithromycin (Zithromax) , etc, etc.

So what approved ailments are each of these for, that wouldn’t be available due to the mad rush?

You can find the approved use information through the FDA.