Help! New to Insulin Pump therapy

If you knew how I overmanaged my diabetes with MDI, her statement would make more sense. The reason my Endo pushed me to using a pump in the first place was the fact that I was working so hard to keep my BGL under control constantly injecting in order to keep them under control. Because of this I would go low almost every night as I was so impatient to get my numbers down.
Now that I am on a pump, I realize how crazy that was. The algorithms do allow for a great deal of hands-off automation which are making life so much easier for me. Yes of course settings need to be changed - my trainer has already advised me on a few changes already. Perhaps her choice of words were not the best but I certainly understand what she was getting at.

1 Like

Yes, once you get the settings right, these closed-loop systems are really pretty good! Glad you are figuring it out.

I just wanted to clarify because some people really do think the pump learns and changes automatically, but most do not - and truly they are only as good as the input we give them.

5 Likes