Hello, Dexcom. :D

Don’t know if you do Skin Tac, but @Beacher’s recommendation to just wipe down the adhesive was brilliant. I got to go all wipe happy and not worry that I was making a fatal mistake… because that’s now my new fear. :grin: Anyway.

Are you running?? Because it’s been mighty quiet on the running front… :thinking:

:grin:

2 Likes

After upping my exercise too much too soon, I ended up with shoulder issues (swimming) and leg issues (running). I actually had to stop doing much of anything for 2-3 weeks.

I’m back to 2-3 times a week swimming now though. On the weeks when I swim twice, I’ve been hiking on the weekends. Last weekend the hike was ~7 miles with a decent amount of elevation (nothing crazy though). Went fairly well until the last half hour. I had to take a short break for my body to digest the starburst. It was nearly freezing outside for most of the hike, and it seemed like I just stopped digesting the food I was snacking on at the end. When it’s hot, hikes spike my blood sugars. The opposite has happened in the cold. I have to snack the whole time.

I’m not really sure if my weight has changed. I don’t weigh myself often because it doesn’t seem to be that helpful. I’ve cut back on beer (wine instead :wink: a little less often). Eating healthy consistently is hard during the holidays, so I’ll be content if my weight just stays the same until January. Of course, then I’ll have to deal with all the new years resolution folks crowding the gym until March. :roll_eyes:

I may pick up running again during the new years resolution craze when the pool is crowded, but I’d probably be more likely to use the elliptical. It seems to be easier on my body, and as long as I bump up the resistance, I get a good workout.

Oh, so sorry to hear it! I had no idea. :slightly_frowning_face:

The hiking sounds great though and the swimming, too. I hope you take your time and ease back into whatever feels good. And I think I’d try not to worry about weight too much— or you might be right back where you were, upping that exercise again against better judgment.

Okay then. Change of plans. My mom wants me in the pool even though I don’t want to be in the pool. However, it would make her very, very happy, and it could still fulfill our co-training dream. :grin: So you get in and do your thing, and know I’m gonna make myself do it over here, too. Just much, much slower. You’re on your own with the elliptical though… that thing reminds me of an animal leaping through tall grass. :thinking:

1 Like

I haven’t checked in on your running thread for awhile (life gets in the way). I’m sorry you can’t run right now, but I’ll def be your swimming buddy in the meantime :slight_smile:

:swimming_woman::swimming_woman:

1 Like

Oh, I’m running, baby. :grin:

But the best choice for me now is to keep it steady and supplement it in the pool— I’ve gotta keep an eye on the same dangers with doing it all too fast. I’m invincible once I “caffeine stack” enough, but it never turns out well. :grin:

Anyway, swimming partners until the stars realign, and then we’ll choose the next path. :hugs:

1 Like

Huge difference from the older insertion devices from the Dexcom G4/G5 (and older) systems and the completely redesigned inserter for the G6 system.

First G6 system we put on, my T1 thought it didn’t work because there was literally nothing felt. Subsequent ones were felt but nothing like the older G4/G5 inserters. The G6 insertion system is really nice.

2 Likes

I’d say. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So I’ve lost track… are you doing dexcom G6, guardian 3, Libre AND 670 wo auto mode ?

Did you consider Tandem offer for $999 to get a “loaner” Slim basal IQ, for the time remaining on your medtronic pump?

I would consider this if I had more warranty time, and confidence with insurance for T-slim supplies. But not sure what my insurance will be after July.

2 Likes

G6, Guardian 3, Libre and MDI.

I’m hoping to get mine next week. :hugs: With more than 2.5 years under warranty with a pump I’m not even wearing, it was definitely worth it.

2 Likes

Great for you!!!

1 Like

I hope that didn’t come across as insensitive as it sounded. :grimacing: I wasn’t sure how else to tell you I actually had considered it after you telling of your own considerations. Do you have a plan??

Not at all! Hoping I will have option in early 2020. And I can learn from your experiences.

I do pretty good with current setup, but does require a lot of attention.

I purchased a Smartwatch hoping I would be able to see my BG without carrying phone around when chasing and playing with my grandchildren. This does not work. I lose signal if I get away from my phone! Is there a setting I am missing???

2 Likes

If you are using an iPhone and Applewatch, the phone needs to be in range of the watch.

2 Likes

I can’t remember whether or not I had this problem, but I think I did. The first thing I think of, and I remember this being the case with my Libre and Spike, too, is whether or not you’ve engaged your dexcom on your watch before going out of your phone’s range… I’m not sure it’s real, but I do know that with Spike, I had to engage it before going out of range. When I did, I could get my readings away from my receiver. It might be worth a shot— just engaging it and then going out of the phone’s range.

That might not be real…

Does it?? I was afraid of that but was hoping maybe there was something to just opening it before going out of range— no??

It is possible today using Spike or Xdrip+ depending on your hardware. Dexcom announced recently that they are working on it with their official app, but it will still be some time, and they haven’t said what hardware will be required.

1 Like

@Tbjones, please read everyone else’s comments in here. I was wrong! Again. :grin:

@Chris, sorry in advance if I’m still wrong, but no way to do it with Sugarmate?? Or you still need your phone?

1 Like

Sugarmate gets data from Dexcom, so either the phone with the Dexcom app or the receiver still need to be in range of the sensor

3 Likes