G7 insertion cap STL

One of the things that drives me nuts about the G7 is it requires extra pressure during application to engage the “sleeve interlock” (whatever its really called). For me, this causes the needle to go in too aggressively and either discomfort or bad readings. One way around it was to get help from someone to hold the sleeve back while pressing the insertion button, but thats awkward at best. I made this cap that screws over it and disengages the sleeve without the need for extra pressure. Works great for me. I’m getting great sites that last 8-10 days (still G7 noise but thats a different problem).

If you decide to make one:
a) be careful not to prematurely press the insertion button
b) be extra careful with making sure the adhesive is stuck sufficiently. I’ve started using the overpatches more diligently.

I made mine out of ultem so I could put it in the dishwasher, but regular plastics should work fine if they have sufficient layer to layer strength.

10 Likes

@Karl.n I love this idea as I have the same issues with G7!

In some areas, I hit muscle too often, bending the filament…bad readings. In some more unique areas, the fat doesn’t allow enough resistance to depress the inserter, and I again hit muscle!

I’ll look into your link to help me out - thank you!

2 Likes

@Karl.n thank you. Brilliant! But for those of us who don’t have 3d printers, could two pieces of tape or an old container cap work to depress the ring? With the G6 I just adhere firmly and pull up a little before hitting the trigger.

Tape might work but I never tried it. The cap that comes with the g7 won’t work because its too deep. Even if you built up the inside to depress the ring it would be too far away from the skin.

For those without a 3d printer, many schools or libraries have public printers. DM me if you’re having trouble figuring it out.