FUD emergency stash and natural catastrophy network?

@EricH and I are on the coast in the middle of California and are happy to share. We’ve got Lantus, Humalog, Toujeo, and a little Triseba, but soon will mostly have fresh Humalog I think (OmniPod coming soon to an arm near me!). We are also not as worried about expiration dates as others. Happy to help if the need arises.

2 Likes

Walmart doesn’t honor the $25 R and NPH deal in Alaska. I’m not sure if cvs does. (The nearest one is several hundred miles away anyway). I may need to stock up next time I’m in America or have one of you buy out a Walmart and mail it to me and I’ll reimburse you…

Also another thought… my doc prescribes more insulin than I need so I always have a stash growing-- but if yours doesn’t this would be another option and a good way to disaster prep would be to train for R and NPH for a month or whatever during good times while continuing to fill and stockpile your rx insulin.

Otherwise the best technique to grow a stockpile is to ensure that you are using a mail order pharmacy with 90 day supplies and your 90 day rx puts you barely into an extra box (at minimum) (on second thought it really doesn’t matter if it’s a mail order pharmacy, I’ve just not had option of 90 day supplies at retail pharmacies) E.g.— there’s 1500 units in a box of 5 u100 insulin pens. 1500/90 ~ 17. So if you ask your doc to make sure he writes it for, say 20u/ day even if you actually only need 15… your rx will be renewable every 90 days for a full 3,000 units (or two boxes) because they can’t sell you a partial box and you need more than one. Refill every 90 days and watch your cache grow.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Stockpiling insulin