FreeStyle Libre experiences

I’m game. Except I don’t have 15 fingers.

Just kidding. Going to do this tomorrow.

My numbers almost always line up the same… My Guardian is low, My Libre is high, and my BG splits them down the middle.

1 Like

I know you guys were talking about this like 6 months ago, but I wanted to throw a couple of pictures into the thread. I seem to be having a different experience than what I’ve read in here, and since there’s very little user manipulation, it must just be luck of the draw. Generally speaking though, the Libre runs its own pattern and also demonstrates a delay, but it’s a very predictable pattern, making its inaccuracies useful. Rarely is it just “off” for me, and it feels like a much stronger “engine”, closing the lag gap much faster than my Guardian (which is NOT hard to do…a dehydrated, one legged-turtle could beat out my Guardian on a scorching hot day).

but I digress.

Here are my Guardian and Libre graphs (and now to see if I can actually upload them)……………libre1

libre2

Anyway, my second one was over night, it was accurate according to my Guardian which I believe to be accurate because of a stable blood sugar. Woke up at Libre 54, Guardian 54, BG 60.

4 Likes

Kudos and Congrats on getting the photo’s included in your post. Very nice overnight track. Am I allowed to say that to a woman in polite company??

1 Like

If it’s MY permission you seek, you may. :grin: I DID pretty much nail it after all…

:grin:

Has anyone noticed their sensors not doing well lately? The past 4-5 sensors I’ve used have not been as accurate and also begin to fall off more quickly/easily than before. Or maybe it’s my body and has to do with the heat…?

Dehydration can play a role in any interstitial glucose measurement.

And the thing you often hear to “always drink X glasses of water everyday” is not correct, because you need more when it is hotter and less in the cold. Not the same everyday.

1 Like

I’m not trying to respond to you, Eric, but I don’t know how else to add to the thread. Just got back from my endo, and she was telling me that the Libre is NOT accurate for lows (which is definitely my experience). I THiNK she said they miss approximately 25% of them. I thought I would add this in because this has absolutely been what I’ve seen. For me, mine reads a bit high, recovers fast from a rebound, but often fails to reflect the lower end. For this reason, she only prescribes it for Type 2s and warns her Type 1s against using it in place of finger sticks.

I’m sure, since this is passing in front of you by chance, you’ll find something to school me on. I halfway enjoy that though. And halfway want to throw something at you…but can’t.

This is what I’ve heard, but its really interesting to me that this is most people’s experiences because I’ve had the complete opposite experience. When my Libre is off, generally it’s lower than my actual BG, and on a couple occasions, it’s caught me heading low before I even felt anything (and I usually feel drops well before I get below 70). Just another YDMV thing, I guess (and so far I think I’m a lone weirdo in this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

2 Likes

I thought about you as she was talking. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Freestyle Libre: bleeder on insertion

It might be worth noting that the Libre sensor only records readings every 15 minutes, which is what the graph shows. Internally, however, readings are taken every minute. This means that the trend arrow can actually provide some additional information and catch changes before they are noticeable in the graph.

2 Likes

thank you everyone for all of this info, especially those who were daring and brave enough to wear both the dexcom as well as the FS.

i just received my very first FSL in the mail today. i have to pick up the reader at CVS this wednesday. i am so super excited to wear it and have something that actually works for me with my swimming routine.

my finger tips are so terribly caloused from finger sticks (20/day) that they will be thanking me for the relief :sunny: (and my bank account will be happy that i am no longer having to spend the big $$$$ on the stupid strips :rofl:)

Daisy Mae

2 Likes

I’ve got on a Libre and G6 as we speak. It’s funny because I seem to kind of fade from the Libre from time to time and start thinking I might just be done. Then something happens where I’m forced to put one on… and it’s like I fall in love all over again. It’s just a reliable sensor for me. I’ll share what I logged today (day 10) and ask you just pretend in your mind like the numbers were better than they were…

Meter: 171 Libre: 127 G6: 113
Meter: 209 Libre: 134 G6: 122
Meter: 210. Libre: 140 G6: 142
Meter: 207. Libre: 155 G6: 158
Meter: 203 Libre: 176. G6: 174
Meter: 210 Libre: 183. G6: 178
Meter: 207 Libre: 199 G6: 189
Meter: 211. Libre: 195. G6: 196

Now, on the flip side, it is always slower on a falling or low blood sugar, but I just have to keep that in mind when I’m down in… a better range. :roll_eyes:

Hope you love it, @daisymae! Can you use skin tac?? Mine will fall right off if I forget to use a skin tac wipe before application.

2 Likes

I’m curious to hear how that goes! I’m always nervous about swimming (recreationally) with mine on. I have issues with it staying on (I wear a patch over it), and I’m nervous about it getting whacked out from me submerging it for any length of time. Paying OOP for it makes me extra careful about ruining it, ha.

2 Likes

i have skin tac and will put it on first before sticking on the sensor. thanks. i knew that i would be doing that anyway, especially bc of all of my swimming.

2 Likes

It’s so interesting how people are so different! I’m only on my second sensor, but I literally could not get the first one off without Remove (Uni-Solve). This second one I nicked on the corner of a wall and was sure I’d pulled it out, but nope, stuck as firmly as ever. And the sis in quite hot weather for us, too!

In terms of accuracy, I’ve stopped testing regularly, but I just tested now and meter said 12.2 mmol/L and Libre said 10.6 mmol/L. I’ve had numbers match up exactly when I’m not high.

Overall, I am loving it. I do not miss Dexcom at all except for overnight alarms, for which I’ll be getting a MiaoMiao today (supposed to arrive tonight).

By the way, how do people have access to both? Are you buying one type of sensor out of pocket? Or switched systems at some point and kept the older sensors? I thought about trying both at once, but I’d have had to spend $349 on a new Dexcom transmitter, so decided against it.

1 Like

Everything arrived today!!! 2 sets of sensors and the receiver package. i set up the receiver already, but i have to go on-line to see some tutorials on how to put on the sensor. and i want my husband to watch them with me so that he can participate!

and btw, the receiver, OOP, only ended up costing $60 (not the original $80-something that i was initially quoted). for 3 years, it seems like a good value :smile:.

i dug into my D-stuff closet and found my box of SkinTac. Ready, Set, Go…

2 Likes

OMG!!! i watched several UTube tutorials about insertion or the Libre. I set the whole thing up and inserted it myself. it is in the 1 hour warm-up period now. it didnt even hurt and was soooooo much easier to use than the Dexcom.

i am so super excited. i hope that this works for me (since as everyone knows, the Dexcom did not). it would save my poor fingertips from all the pain i put them through and would save me $$$$$$ on buying my strips OOP. and, this would be great to have pool-side while i am swimming!!!

OMG, i can hardly breath. my heart is racing with excitement. :rofl:

please say some prayers for me. i REALLY want this thing to work with accuracy. phew.

5 Likes

Hoping it works for you! Fingers and Toes crossed.

2 Likes