Free at-home Covid test kits

Four more available now:

5 Likes

Shipping of the test kits now seems to be much faster (or maybe I just got in early); I just got an email reporting that mine have shipped (from San Bernardino, CA; with any luck it won’t have to go back east again before it gets here).

3 Likes

I received an email from Medicare that says I can order another round of Covid test kits.

1 Like

I ordered and received mine within two days!!! Thanks for posting the info here @jbowler!

Yes; mine got delivered today. I won’t get it for a week; it’s in the PO Box and we won’t be anywhere near it for a while :slight_smile: I’ve still got six in stock, four of them will go with us.

1 Like

Order a second round of tests Monday and expect delivery today.

Just an FYI. I doubt that anyone has my insurance plan (Tufts Navigator GIC), but if you do…
They are not directly reimbursing for at-home Covid tests. You have to go through Express Scripts. Grr. I was just doing my weekly “lets go through insurance claims and referrals, see who messed what up, where, and when” (yes, this is scheduled for every Friday), and saw that it had been denied…

2 Likes

Yes; part of the US health insurance make-it-complex-so-that-people-do-not-claim approach. Here’s the bottom line:

So, yes, they can make you go through “Express Scripts” to get the money ($12/kit) back, but they still have to pay it. Read item (3) in the above link.

4 Likes

@jbowler Yes, I know all about the trickery of insurance companies. And I was not at all surprised that Tufts denied the reimbursement claim exactly 6 weeks to the day of receiving the claim. They have that silly 4-6 weeks processing disclaimer. I was, however, surprised that, when I called about it 2 weeks ago, I was told to call after the 6 weeks was up. In the past, the customer service there has been rather upfront about changes in policies and/or forms.
From talking to customer service at Express Scripts, it seems that Tufts dumped it on them rather abruptly. They’re scrambling to process a lot of reimbursements right now. Anywho, I’m sure Express Scripts will find a reason to deny it, so I’ll just keep plugging away at it…

3 Likes