For Diabetics - 10 heart tests that can save your life

i get chest pain sometimes (usually when under emotional stress), but that might be related to being anemic, which i become off and on due to heavy periods. i am near menopause and am taking iron, so i hope anemia will be one less thing to worry about soon. the thing about aspirin therapy is if you stop it abruptly, your chance of stroke goes up in the next month. so i want to carefully evaluate whether i should start aspirin therapy. also, the ministroke (if that is indeed what it was) might have been triggered by taking more aleve than usual. i had taken only about 3 aleve a month to cut down on heavy menstrual flow, but then i found it could help with night time hot flashes. even then i would take it every other night. i was doing that for a week of two when i had what seemed to be a ministroke. the fda has strengthened its warnings concerning NSAIDs being associated with a higher risk of heart attack and stroke (not aspirin, however): “There is no period of use shown to be without risk,” says Judy Racoosin, M.D., M.P.H., deputy director of FDA’s Division of Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Addiction Products."

2 Likes