Flu time

Liam has the flu (so does three of his brothers). Today, his TDD is 20 units and the day isn’t even over yet. Oh, and he’s still been high, over 200, still about 70% of the day today.

Crazy his illness wrecks the system.

7 Likes

Oh no! Poor Liam! Please take good care of him and let him know all his buddies in the FuD-universe are thinking of him.

If he’s running so high I’d set a much higher temp basal.

5 Likes

Good luck! Hope you don’t catch it! They were dropping like flies today at school from what I hear.

1 Like

I usually do…about a week after everyone else has had it and it’s gone. Then I milk the crap out of it cause I’m a big baby. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The bright side of these sick days is that you know you’re going to push your low and severe low percentages down some. :laughing:

1 Like

We have his “Sick” basal program active (doubles all basal for the day), and we also have a temp basal of +95% more. The end of the day TDD yesterday ended up being nearly 26 units. That’s more than almost 3 full days of non-sick Insulin requirements.

3 Likes

That is a lot of insulin for a little guy. Hopefully he is on the mend.

1 Like

The end of the day TDD yesterday ended up being nearly 26 units.

poor Liam he must’ve been feeling pretty awful. Hoping he’s getting better soon. And this is yet another reason the flu frightens me a ton.

4 Likes

Flu + Stomach bug at the same time is my worst fear. Fortunately my kid doesn’t puke much, so we are always able to get sugar in him to support the insulin doses when he is sick.

3 Likes

Puking is the worst to me. Liam has reacted surpsingly well over the past two days. The only significant differences that I’ve observed is that he’s tired and sleeping more (understandably), of course high fever requiring Motrin/Tylenol as needed, and a bit more whiny than usual…but he’s been taking it surprisingly well. When my kids are puking, though…especially the ones that don’t know how to make it to the actual toilet…those are the worst kinds of sick to Erin and I. lol.

I am always on clean up duty because it doesn’t bother me…but Erin is the one that ends up giving them the showers afterward. I take off clothes and bed sheets and clean them and clean up any messes on floors, beds, furniture, whatever…

5 Likes