First look at Diabeloop

3 Likes

@CatLady I understand Medicare has weird rules on whether a pump is tubed determining whether they’ll cover it or not, like it makes a practical difference! The Kaleido part of this looks like a potential way around the rule because it’s tubed.

3 Likes

I think it is Medicare Part B versus Part D on which one covers tubed versus tubeless.

I hope I never have to figure that stuff out!

1 Like

This sounds like a great addition to the closed loop devices. Based on its restrictive 110-130 target and locked down smartphone requirement, though, I’d stick with DIY Loop.

1 Like

This one at least lets you enter some carb amount.

Also, the system allows you to save personalized preferences for each meal (like a typical small breakfast of 20g of carbs, a medium breakfast of 40g of carbs, or a large breakfast of 80g of carbs). So you can choose this option when announcing a meal. The user can decide the level of precision they want to play with. In any case, the algorithm will learn to adapt and correct.

I have seen some that do not have any carb entry, they just respond once your BG starts to rise. I think that’s nuts.

3 Likes