Eclipse

I was so excited to see Dallas is in the path for the next one - 30 minute drive for us!

2 Likes

Yeah - I would like to see a total with the next one. I think worth the planning and drive. It was pretty cool seeing the partial eclipse today.

2 Likes

This is definitely a bucket list item for me. I would like to travel to the path of totality for the next one. Something I’ll definitely put on my calendar so I can plan for it!

1 Like

We drove 10 hours to totality in a bight of the Ohio River in Kentucky. We ended up at the top of a 600 ft bluff, watching 2 min 40 seconds of totality.

It was an extraordinary moment!

At the bluff

Crescent suns through a colander, projected on a sheet

Right before totality

At totality

We just got home a few minutes ago [4:00AM} – long drive back. What a day this was.

6 Likes

We had perfect viewing conditions here in eastern Idaho and watched from the deck with adult beverages to hand! :champagne::beer::wine_glass:

3 Likes

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

I agree - all of you bragging about being under totality need to post some pictures!!! Here’s a nom-exciting picture of where I was, with the sun 86% blocked. (It’s actually amazing to me that the sun is so bright you can’t see the moon even when it’s 86% blocked. But one cool thing about this picture is if you look at the little lens flare, it does show the sun with the shape of the moon blocking it.)

1 Like