Easy strip holder idea

@Chris We may need to include multiple metal ports for the strips to come out of based on strip type. Or have the buyer specify the desired strip when purchasing this marvel of modern metabolic medicine.

Also, like a gun mag, each round, erā€¦strip would have to be individually retained somehow.

The thing that pushes the strip out should just be a friction contact.

There should be a small plastic lip that only allows one strip to exit at a time.

Sorry burst a bubble here so long after the fact. All test strips have organic chemicals called Assays which deteriorate over time. This is greatly accelerated when a test strip is removed from the vial.
This is why they have expiry dates and why after you open a vial of strips they expire in 90 days.
What this means is that if you take test strips out of a vial for any time longer than it takes to do a simple test, the results they return are not gauranteed to be accurate. Which really defeats their purpose.

The biggest culprits in assay degradation is light, humidity and expose to foreign compounds.
removing a test strip from its cool, dry and dark vial with dessicant to keep moisture out and putting it into a container with light, that held a moist pocket pack which were laiden in sugars would be the worst thing you can do for a test strip.

I appreciate the problems with having to lug a bulky strip vial around all the time, but this is not a solution. Individual foil packs and other dispensing solutions have been tried but were not commercial.

The idea here is a small container that you can use for the day when you leave the house. You can load 10 strips or whatever you want to carry with you. It is not for long term storage.

You can keep strips out of the container for a day and not cause a problem. Everyone can try this themselves and see that the strips are not that fragile.

Thatā€™s why I mentioned that the container should be cleaned out first.

Strips for the Precision Xtra, Precision Neo, and Freestyle Libre are all individually foil wrapped, for both the glucose and ketoen strips. This is a convenient way to carry only a few strips, but when carrying 50 strips at once, gets pretty bulky.

Itā€™s a shame they donā€™t still make the Dex meter, which held 10 strips. To this day, itā€™s one of the best meters Iā€™ve ever used. I used this in the 1990s (first meter I ever had that ā€œsucked upā€ the blood sample). Imagine how cool it could be today.

Bayer Dex glucose meter

3 Likes

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if you have seen this yet or not? Someone has created a test strip dispenser! What do you all think about it?

1 Like

I just used a travel size Aleve vial and fit an entire test strip vial of 35 into it.

6 Likes

Great idea!

And welcome to FUD too!

4 Likes